Judge confirms viewing pirated material is not copyright infringement

Kevinkt

Where was the judge from?

The United States is also beginning to lose in the megaupload case.

The future looks bright.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Justice triumps, faith in humanity [Well, in judges at least] slightly restored.
I can definitely see that content distributors get in trouble with the law for hosting pirated material, but accessing them is definitely free game for everyone.

omg hahahha awesome !!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I mean, the guy who created Pop-corn got off on a technicality really.

It's illegal to find out if someone had watched a video on Pop-corn time, therefore there is no proof anyone HAD watched a video.

He must have had a really good lawyer to make that actually stick

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

That's some good news!
I hope they take this further though.

this makes total sense. the people who should get done for it, are the Uploaders, and the websites.

either way.

neutral-pirate-poker-face-l.png

Legal or not I'm not about to stop doing it.

What if your cable comp doesn't have TV channels you want or droped them you can't watch your fav show anymore. What will you do then? just wait almost a year until its out on dvd to watch it?

What if your cable comp doesn't have TV channels you want or droped them you can't watch your fav show anymore. What will you do then? just wait almost a year until its out on dvd to watch it?

Read my post again.

Also the United States of also bing to loose in the megaupload case.

This sentence fried my circuits.

This sentence fried my circuits.

Fixed :) 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Fixed :)

Almost there... :)

"Loose" should be "lose".

The big problem with courts and this topic(and this goes for the entire world), is that many judges doesn't understand it. Nice to see that this one clearly does.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Great to see that viewers might not have to worry anymore but rulings like this might hinder and maybe even stop content creators

Case: Node 304 - CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.5 - GPU: GTX 980 ti - Mobo: Asus z77 Deluxe - I - CPU Cooler: H100i - Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 (2x8gb) - PSU - Evga 600w - SSD - 256gb Samsung 840 evo - Keyboard - CM Storm Quickfire rapid - Monitor: 34UM95

Almost there... :)

"Loose" should be "lose".

waow :P Im failing pretty bad 

Law is so unclear, I've been caught before and I'm not going to risk it again.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I mean, the guy who created Pop-corn got off on a technicality really.

It's illegal to find out if someone had watched a video on Pop-corn time, therefore there is no proof anyone HAD watched a video.

He must have had a really good lawyer to make that actually stick

Actually your ISP knows every website that you visit and how long you were there, unless you have a VPN, they have proof.

Actually your ISP knows every website that you visit and how long you were there, unless you have a VPN, they have proof.

It's illegal for a company to access that without justifiable cause. The MPAA or whoever wanted this trial has no right to view a private citizen's browsing records without proof that they had accessed the site, which you can't do without the browsing records.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

It's illegal for a company to access that without justifiable cause. The MPAA or whoever wanted this trial has no right to view a private citizen's browsing records without proof that they had accessed the site, which you can't do without the browsing records.

Well, if the evidence could lead to your exoneration after being falsely charged with piracy, wouldn't you want them to visit your ISP?

Well, if the evidence could lead to your exoneration after being falsely charged with piracy, wouldn't you want them to visit your ISP?

You'd have to give them permission. No sane person is going to give them their records when you can get a competent lawyer to argue data protection act all day

You'd have to give them permission. No sane person is going to give them their records when you can get a competent lawyer to argue data protection act all day

Oh well, why do ISPs collect your search history anyways? Sort of dumb since 'nobody' can access it.