First time router purchase - easy help!

MxZeal

Hey, soo basicly when ever i sign up for a new ISP (which is too often BOO CANADA INTERNET)

i always stick with the router they give me however im going hon solo on this one (or hon + linus people)

we moved into a new smaller 1 flood place, and i need an ADSL 2+ wireless to purchase!

il be doing all my gaming and movie downloading WIRED so i dont really give a **** but making the purchae for my buddys who just facebook and youtube and stuff, the distance for wireless is pretty short (16 normal steps for a short guy)

AND ON A BUDGET

my internet speed is 7 down 1 up if it matters.

any router you recommend ? :) only purchasing from amazon.ca or amazon.com as i need it tomorrow (prime!!!)

thanks guys.

Hey, soo basicly when ever i sign up for a new ISP (which is too often BOO CANADA INTERNET)

i always stick with the router they give me however im going hon solo on this one (or hon + linus people)

we moved into a new smaller 1 flood place, and i need an ADSL 2+ wireless to purchase!

il be doing all my gaming and movie downloading WIRED so i dont really give a **** but making the purchae for my buddys who just facebook and youtube and stuff, the distance for wireless is pretty short (16 normal steps for a short guy)

AND ON A BUDGET

my internet speed is 7 down 1 up if it matters.

any router you recommend ? :) only purchasing from amazon.ca or amazon.com as i need it tomorrow (prime!!!)

thanks guys.

Simple router:

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TD-8817-Bridge-Splitter-Downstream/dp/B0037DAX9U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398299534&sr=8-2&keywords=adsl+2%2B+modem

Fancy router:

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TD-W8980-Wireless-Gigabit-Compatible/dp/B00C4OANW0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398299534&sr=8-3&keywords=adsl+2%2B+modem

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I don't think that's wireless

and for OP just get whatever is the cheapest router from a reputable brand, since it doesn't seem like it will matter. 

it might be cheaper to buy the router and modem separately.

Error: 410

I'd go for a Netgear R6300 which might be a little overkill for you right now but I'll last you if you decide to upgrade you internet speed.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I don't think that's wireless

and for OP just get whatever is the cheapest router from a reputable brand, since it doesn't seem like it will matter. 

it might be cheaper to buy the router and modem separately.

i have no idea on brands for routers,  hows this one?

http://www.amazon.com/UPVEL-Wireless-integrated-Splitter-UR-314AN/dp/B00GG533L6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1398298984&sr=8-7&keywords=adsl+2%2B