vizio 58" 21:9

Red Harbinger

hey guys I'm currently in the midst of building my steam machine and looking for a display,I'm not going for a monitor my main rig will suffice for that. I want just an awesome tv for gaming when I got buds over and after seeing linus review today it got me hooked for a 21:9 screen I'm using this solely for gaming and movies. not regular t.v. which I know can only support 16:9, so I'm wondering if this tv is a good choice or should I just stick with a 16:9, also are there any other CHEAP 21:9 t.v.'s that are around the same price and size

here's a link to the t.v.

http://www.vizio.com/cinemawide/overview/

That's expensive...

Maybe a regular tv

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

That would annoy the hell out of me when I watch cable tv and the picture is stretched or there is black bars

That would annoy the hell out of me when I watch cable tv and the picture is stretched or there is black bars

That'd literally drive me insane :(

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

That's expensive...

Maybe a regular tv

I wouldn't say so, that's a pretty fair price for what you're getting.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

tumblr_inline_mibewyJ6eE1qz4rgp.gif He said cable TV :D

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

if you read the thread it says I'm not watching tv its only for gaming and movies

also I'm only paying 900+tax

I wouldn't say so, that's a pretty fair price for what you're getting.

Says the one with 2 titans and a 4k monitor. Seriously though, there are better ways to use that money.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

tumblr_inline_mibewyJ6eE1qz4rgp.gif He said cable TV :D

Whats wrong with cable tv lol

Says the one with 2 titans and a 4k monitor. Seriously though, there are better ways to use that money.

I don't see how my overkill PC makes the TV worth any less? :D

It's pretty much within the price range of the other 3D TVs in that form factor. Sure there might be better uses for the money, but that's not for you, me, or anyone else except the person with the money to decide.

Whats wrong with cable tv lol

Nothing, I just haven't had cable in my home for almost 10 years, I've only gotten glimpses of it in hotel rooms, so it seems ancient to me.

Nothing, I just haven't had cable in my home for almost 10 years, I've only gotten glimpses of it in hotel rooms, so it seems ancient to me.

I use it all the time, i cant imagine not having it

Me either, I cant remember the last time I have had cable, been using the Internet that long :D

You like paying for the same reruns over and over again? At least that's why I stopped paying for it, last time I had cable, I want to say I was 19

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Me either, I cant remember the last time I have had cable, been using the Internet that long :D

You like paying for the same reruns over and over again? At least that's why I stopped paying for it, last time I had cable, I want to say I was 19

No, there is still plenty if new shows that I love to watch. My favorite shows are Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, Top Gear, How It's Made, and The Middle. I do agree it's overpriced, but it's not like how you described it

No, there is still plenty if new shows that I love to watch. My favorite shows are Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, Top Gear, How It's Made, and The Middle. I do agree it's overpriced, but it's not like how you described it

As if you would pay for something that serves you adds

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I like your avatar a lot, which video is that from?

Well that'll put a dent in your wallet for sure. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I like your avatar a lot, which video is that from?

No idea, I found it on google images