my nexus 5 arrived, what now?

coen113

So i got a nexus 5, because my galaxy s2 really doesnt deliver snappyness anymore,are there particular apps you think are very usefull and i should download?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I'm sorry for you man OnePlus just got announced   :(

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well, ya, but the only way to buy it is to be invited. 

COMIC SANS

I'm sorry for you man OnePlus just got announced :(

Im fine with not getting the oneplus, this thread is not about the oneplus, its about usefull apps

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

So i got a nexus 5, because my galaxy s2 really doesnt deliver snappyness anymore,are there particular apps you think are very usefull and i should download?

Lookout. Antivirus and tracker in one. Also taking pictures of your mates when they try and unlock your phone is pretty fun.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

OnePlus is for gey fagits. jk

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

get CyanogenMod custom ROM

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Well, ya, but the only way to buy it is to be invited.

That too,i mean,my plan ended,so i needed a new phone, and the nexus isnt letting me down so far

Ah. My old N4 broke but i had alot of fun playing with certain apps and features. Some i can name of the top of my head that might be worth while : Lightflow, Different launchers (My fav was Nova launcher but play around!),Swiftkey,Twilight(like f.lux), Beautiful widgets, Tasker. The important part to enjoy your nexus is to mess around with it! Dont be afraid to unlock bootloader and root or flash custom roms!

That too,i mean,my plan ended,so i needed a new phone, and the nexus isnt letting me down so far

Ya. The Nexus 5 is still a great phone. 

COMIC SANS

flash light app

Aosp messenger (if you hate hangouts)

ICSDialer+ (if you hate the new dialer)

thats pretty much it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Il also be getting a wireless charger on or near my birthday in a couple of weeks

It never will if you take moderate care of it. My Nexus 4 is still going strong and doesn't have a scratch on it. (never used a case) mental really.

MXPlayer and WolframAlpha

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I wish they'd just integrate flashlight into the OS like Apple. BitTorrent Sync is very nice.

Battery Widget reborn (beta) - this is the free version, but this is also a paid version but they are basically the same thing.

SwiftKey - if you don't have that already

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Before you do anything. Unlock the Bootloader, Install a Recovery and Root that bitch! Then proceed.

P.s.I had a N5 before my G2, all the previous said processes are simple with Nexus devices :D

I also went from s2 to nexus 5, it is a great choice. Just be careful cause the nexus 5 cracks a lot easier than the s2. I downloaded all sorts of things, but your apps are what ever you want them to be. It was really nice to use the google chrome browser and have videos in snapchat work.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

I think that Dashclock is a must-have for unrooted devices.

Timely is also a great alarm app. Tapatalk is really useful for browsing forums.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Hm.. a bar code/ BB code scanner or whatever it's called, like ShopSavvy, Swiftkey, as many people have recommended before me, a cool photo editing thing called Aviary, and possibly Clean Master, which is supposed to get rid of crap files but doesn't really do a bunch.

If you listen to podcasts, doggcatcher is pretty great. It's one of the few apps I've paid for, but I use it almost every day so it's worth it. They also have a free version you can check out as well.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

I rooted my phone after a week of having it and installed cyanogenmod 11, also I changed to ART.

Apps I have are:

Dashclock

Reddit Sync (if you use reddit)

Adaway (root)

Avast Security (root, only use it for anti theft really)

Titanium Backup (root)

Greenify (non-root/root)

PocketCast (if you listen to podcasts)

PowerAmp

ClockworkMod Rom Manager

Feedly

TheVerge

IGN

Lakitu(twitch.tv, better interface but lacks some features but apparently works with chromecast)

Javelin Browser Pro(adblock for non-root)

MXPlayer

Chanu (4chan client)

Rhythm Software FileManager for non root

Mangareader

F-droid (root)

Swiftkey

StrengthCalc Natty

utorrent

TeslaLED Flashlight (for stock android, no permissions)

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0