The death of the latitudes

Flight1sim

Posted Image

Posted Image

So I tore open my old dell latitude D610 and D620 including the screens :)

Posted Image

What does that WWAN card do?

Some more pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

What Latitude model was that? I have a D620 that I am taking apart right now to clean the dust out.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

wwan is for the wireless i believe

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

you can salvage the hdd if it is not broken. I still have my 160gb hdd from a broken laptop bought in 2007. WWAN is the wireless card

I would assume the WWAN card is actually a WLAN card (wireless adaptor).

When you see that motherboard, which is more solder/components than blank PCB, you realise how much of a miracle of engineering these notebooks are, and how much effort goes into designing them. It's remarkable!

It doesn't look like you'll be missing that keyboard though - it doesn't looks nice to type on.

HTTP/2 203

What Latitude model was that? I have a D620 that I am taking apart right now to clean the dust out.

D610 and D620

WARNING!!!

To clean out the fan and heatsink of the D620, you have to remove the Motherboard, because Dell HAD to put one of the locking things for the fan under the motherboard...

And dell actually didnt use any thermal compound for the GPU, just thermal pads...

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

wwan is for the wireless i believe

But there is a dedicated WLAN card already, and a modem card!

I would assume the WWAN card is actually a WLAN card (wireless adaptor).

When you see that motherboard, which is more solder/components than blank PCB, you realise how much of a miracle of engineering these notebooks are, and how much effort goes into designing them. It's remarkable!

It doesn't look like you'll be missing that keyboard though - it doesn't looks nice to type on.

I spent all day yesterday marveling at the beauty of the motherboard! Its so amazing. I searched up all the little part numbers and stuff!

I noticed that within one generation D610 to D620 they made a lot of really amazing changes, like just using a smaller wireless card. And imagine, the D620 was from 2006, so today's technology is just outstanding!!!

The keyboard was not too bad, but yea, its pretty much destroyed...

When removing the connector for the D610, I didnt realize that the connector came of the motherboard, not slide out, so i broke the connector. (Basically the ribbon cable's connector is now still on the motherboard!)

you can salvage the hdd if it is not broken. I still have my 160gb hdd from a broken laptop bought in 2007. WWAN is the wireless card

Ehh, its IDE, and from what i remember, its broken...

Im gonna open it up later

My display showcase already

a8egude2.jpg

Ohh, so i could contact a service provider and get access? Cool

But the price -.-

It's for Wireless service. You need a contract through a service provider to use it. 

Is that why some workstations (Lenovo w series)

Have a PCI-E mini thats longer than today's wireless cards (same size as WWAN card), with antennas ready there?

And i found that the power plug-in area of the D610 was burned :o

It was all charred and black...

Are the display connectors the same in different pc's and devices?

I was wondering if i could do a Raspberry Pi project with this screen.

qere3ymu.jpgy2y5a9uq.jpg

What card reader is that?

Ohh, so i could contact a service provider and get access? Cool

But the price -.-

You could, just record the ESN as they'll ask you for it.

You're most likely better off getting a new broadband card if you were going to get a new contract... most providers will give you one. 

That keyboard. Should make a membrane ghetto one out of it lol.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

You could, just record the ESN as they'll ask you for it.

You're most likely better off getting a new broadband card if you were going to get a new contract... most providers will give you one. 

I wont really benefit from this now, because most working laptops in my house dont have an extra PCI-E card slot except my W510 which i normally have sitting in the dock.

Is that why some workstations (Lenovo w series)

Have a PCI-E mini thats longer than today's wireless cards (same size as WWAN card), with antennas ready there?

I'm not familiar with that line but, it's possible. If it is a WWAN card, it will have an ESN tag on it somewhere. 

I wont really benefit from this now, because most working laptops in my house dont have an extra PCI-E card slot except my W510 which i normally have sitting in the dock.

They would most likely give you one that is USB based. 

I'm not familiar with that line but, it's possible. If it is a WWAN card, it will have an ESN tag on it somewhere. 

Sorry, meant slots with antenna cables there!