[The Verge] "FCC proposal would destroy net neutrality"

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/23/5644246/fcc-new-net-neutrality-rules-draft-coming-in-may

Source 2: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304518704579519963416350296

The Federal Communication Commission's proposal for new net neutrality rules will allow internet service providers to charge companies for preferential treatment, effectively undermining the concept of net neutrality, according to The Wall Street Journal. The rules will reportedly allow providers to charge for preferential treatment so long as they offer that treatment to all interested parties on "commercially reasonable" terms, with the FCC deciding whether the terms are reasonable on a case-by-case basis. Providers will not be able to block individual websites, however.

. . .

The actual draft of the proposed rules have not yet been released, but the FCC did release a framework of the rules back in February. If the Journal is correct, this would be a large departure from the original Open Internet rules as well as what was shown earlier this year. The commission will begin to internally circulate the rules tomorrow ahead of a vote on May 15th, after which the rules would be opened up for public comment if they pass. The new regulations are aimed at replacing the neutrality-enforcing Open Internet rules that were struck down in court earlier this year.

FCC, this is not what we asked for. We want actual net neutrality - that is - fair and equal treatment of all websites, regardless of the ISP. This is not that. You're basically giving the ISPs what they want. You're going to let them show special treatment to website 'X' over website 'Y', and that is not fair in the slightest. So you know what this means? ISPs will be throttling you to no end now, not like they didn't already. FCC, just give us good ole regular net neutrality with no strings attached. That's it. That's all we want! 

12217_large_neutral-bits.png

(Picture hosted on DailyTech)

This post has been promoted to an article

COMIC SANS

lol you beat me to it damnit. but regardless this shit is going down hill fast and we need to do something about it

oh no

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

It's pretty obvious why.

Because true can equal false!

Really, if (0 == 1) then they need to learn more math.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

from my understanding 

net neutrality was thrown out a few months ago

its already dead

the FCC is trying to fix some other stuff

On January 14, 2014, the DC Circuit Court determined in the case of Verizon v. Federal Communications Commission[38] that the FCC has no authority to enforce Network Neutrality rules,

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

TekSyndicate video inbound.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

._. Is literally my face when I see this kinds of stuff :(

cry everytime q_q

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

TekSyndicate video inbound.

Its not gonna be a "The Tek" this week. Its just going to be Logan screaming and crying with rage for an hour. 

Its not gonna be a "The Tek" this week. Its just going to be Logan screaming and crying with rage for an hour. 

lol, like almost every other episode with Internet topics. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

lol, like almost every other episode with Internet topics. 

lol they toned it down the past couple of episodes but now im pretty sure i can here Logan screaming from New York to where i am in Alabama and id be lyin if i said i wasn't scared

lol they toned it down the past couple of episodes but now im pretty sure i can here Logan screaming from New York to where i am in Alabama and id be lyin if i said i wasn't scared

does he not live in Kentucky? 

Spoiler

does he not live in Kentucky? 

...........honestly idk....i thought for the longest time he lived in NY. maybe its Wendell that lives in Kentucky

Can you blame him though? I'm surprised I see a lot more people bitching about their bitching than people actually getting outrage at the level of bullshit they see happen while they do fucking nothing "NSA spying on all of us...yeah thats....sorta bad. Whatever, let's get back to more stupid games about goats on Twitch!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Can you blame him though? I'm surprised I see a lot more people bitching about their bitching than people actually getting outrage at the level of bullshit they see happen while they do fucking nothing "NSA spying on all of us...yeah thats....sorta bad. Whatever, let's get back to more stupid games about goats on Twitch!"

lol i like it when he rages but i see where your coming from. People always turn a blind eye to politics until it bites them in the ass. I used to be like that.........until this