nothing shows up on screen

spwath

Help, my computer is on and nothing is on the screen. Working fine yesterday. Not the screens problem, USB stuff isn't getting any power. All lights are on in the computer. Windows 8 64 bit. Specs in profile. Haven't touched computer from when it was workingv yesterday till now. Have tried turning on and off.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Have you cleared CMOS?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Have you cleared CMOS?

Woking now, after turning PSU on and off, but could happen again.

How do you do that? Should i not now that it is working? Could the problem be my PSU (cheap 30 usd psu)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Woking now, after turning PSU on and off, but could happen again.

How do you do that? Should i not now that it is working? Could the problem be my PSU (cheap 30 usd psu)

use good known brand PSU's

And (im a laptop expert so this is for laptop and desktops) take out the CMOS battery for maybe about 20 seconds, then put it in again it should reset the BIOS

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

use good known brand PSU's

And (im a laptop expert so this is for laptop and desktops) take out the CMOS battery for maybe about 20 seconds, then put it in again it should reset the BIOS

Its CM, but really cheap.

Seems kinda scarry... ill try it if it happens again. DO you think its my MB or PSU or somthing else?

Its CM, but really cheap.

Seems kinda scarry... ill try it if it happens again. DO you think its my MB or PSU or somthing else?

Resetting CMOS cant damage anything

Maybe it was a spike in the power draw? (if that makes sense)

Not enough Watts?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Resetting CMOS cant damage anything

Maybe it was a spike in the power draw? (if that makes sense)

Not enough Watts?

It's 500 watt but if you r read fine print it can only output like 430 watt. Is that enough for my system in my profile?

Has surge protector.

I'll try CMOS if it hapens again.

It's 500 watt but if you r read fine print it can only output like 430 watt. Is that enough for my system in my profile?

Has surge protector.

I'll try CMOS if it hapens again.

Hmmmm.. I dont know for sure, but i think thats a bit too low.

Hmmmm.. I dont know for sure, but i think thats a bit too low.

Hmm. My GPU has tiny oc and I have 7 fans too.

Hmm. My GPU has tiny oc and I have 7 fans too.

you should get a CX600W or something

you should get a CX600W or something

I want an evga 750 g2 or 850g2 But my parents say i odnt need a new PSU cause i have one now. And i dont have enogh money yet, only like 30 usd. BUt once i sell my legoes ill have 800+ usd.

I want an evga 750 g2 or 850g2 But my parents say i odnt need a new PSU cause i have one now. And i dont have enogh money yet, only like 30 usd. BUt once i sell my legoes ill have 800+ usd.

Sell the lego's and show your parents the risk of having a bad PSU

Sell the lego's and show your parents the risk of having a bad PSU

Yeah will do. Ill show them the reviews like this one

1.0 out of 5 stars Blew up!, April 25, 2013
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w Power Supply (RS500-PCARD3-US) (Electronics)
Thats just what happened, I connected this Osama bomb and when i switched the power on it blew up! it almost burned my entire system down. Do not buy this unless youre a terrorist.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

adn this one

1.0 out of 5 stars It blew up when plugging into a surge protector., April 11, 2013
This review is from: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w Power Supply (RS500-PCARD3-US) (Electronics)
Well first of all i get in my power supply, i hook it up into my new build i just put together myself, it turns on and it runs quiet. so at first i was impressed, and happy that it all worked good. then after about 2 weeks of having it, it started turning off all the power into my living room. When nothing was plugged into the room except my computer it would still turn off the power. so i unplugged it and left it for about 2 days like that. then i walked over to my surge protector and plugged my computer up to it, then, BOOM the dang thing almost exploded it made such a huge spark. so now i am not sure whether or not this faulty piece of crap psu has fried my whole computer or not. I am not happy about this. DONT EVER BUY FROM COOLER MASTER WHEN IT COMES TO PSU, THEY ARE ONLY GOOD FOR CPU COOLERS AND TOWER CASES THEIR PSU'S ARE JUNK. So i am not even sure that i can get a new one from cooler master because their warrenties dont cover such things to happen. i guess a faulty psu is my fault right? yeah because i am the one that put it together and made it blow up when plugged into a SURGE PROTECTOR. So in other words spend the extra $20 and get a corsair psu,, they are quality good built psu's.

adn this

1.0 out of 5 stars Died violently after only 4 months, March 20, 2013
By 
Ted (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews

I bought this in November 2012 for an HTPC build. It worked fine, no problems, relatively quiet. UNTIL, it randomly blew up this afternoon. Lots of popping, sparking, and smoke. Fortunately it tripped the breaker before it caught fire. I don't have a replacement yet so no idea if it fried the rest of my 4 month old computer, hopefully not. This is the first and last CoolerMaster I'll buy.

Yeah will do. Ill show them the reviews like this one

1.0 out of 5 stars Blew up!, April 25, 2013
Thats just what happened, I connected this Osama bomb and when i switched the power on it blew up! it almost burned my entire system down. Do not buy this unless youre a terrorist.

adn this one

1.0 out of 5 stars It blew up when plugging into a surge protector., April 11, 2013
Well first of all i get in my power supply, i hook it up into my new build i just put together myself, it turns on and it runs quiet. so at first i was impressed, and happy that it all worked good. then after about 2 weeks of having it, it started turning off all the power into my living room. When nothing was plugged into the room except my computer it would still turn off the power. so i unplugged it and left it for about 2 days like that. then i walked over to my surge protector and plugged my computer up to it, then, BOOM the dang thing almost exploded it made such a huge spark. so now i am not sure whether or not this faulty piece of crap psu has fried my whole computer or not. I am not happy about this. DONT EVER BUY FROM COOLER MASTER WHEN IT COMES TO PSU, THEY ARE ONLY GOOD FOR CPU COOLERS AND TOWER CASES THEIR PSU'S ARE JUNK. So i am not even sure that i can get a new one from cooler master because their warrenties dont cover such things to happen. i guess a faulty psu is my fault right? yeah because i am the one that put it together and made it blow up when plugged into a SURGE PROTECTOR. So in other words spend the extra $20 and get a corsair psu,, they are quality good built psu's.

adn this

1.0 out of 5 stars Died violently after only 4 months, March 20, 2013
By 
Ted (Dallas, TX) - See all my reviews

I bought this in November 2012 for an HTPC build. It worked fine, no problems, relatively quiet. UNTIL, it randomly blew up this afternoon. Lots of popping, sparking, and smoke. Fortunately it tripped the breaker before it caught fire. I don't have a replacement yet so no idea if it fried the rest of my 4 month old computer, hopefully not. This is the first and last CoolerMaster I'll buy.

HAHA do that!!!

HAHA do that!!!

Will do. this one too

Fried my motherboard and CPU!, February 14, 2013
Dear Amazon,

I have been a very good customer of your for some time now. I purchased this power last weekend it arrived on Monday 4/15/13. My work schedule didn't allow me to open this package until this evening when I got off of work. I put the items into the new case that I bought the week before from another vendor. As I build computers quite frequently I am in the habit of assembling the main components together on my test bench to ensure they are working properly before placing them in their case. Followed the same procedure that I have been following for 10+ years with no incident! I assembled the items of this computer, an ASUS maximus iv gene-z gen 3 motherboard bought for me for father's day year before last and is currently priced at ~$250.00, an Intel Core I-7 2600K CPU also bought father's day year before last and is currently priced at ~$330.00 and a single stick of RAM. I then connected the 24 pin ATX power cable and the 8 pin CPU cable from the cooler master 500 watt power supply that I purchased from you last weekend. I then plugged it into the surge protector strip that I own and pushed the "start" button that is an integrated part of this motherboard as soon as I did I heard a loud sizzling electric sound and saw smoke rising from the motherboard's CPU socket! I IMMEDIATELY moved to snatch the power supply cord from the surge protector knocking the motherboard from the test bench in the process. After unplugging the power supply from the surge protector I retrieved the motherboard from the floor. I removed the CPU and inspected the socket to find that one of the pins had been badly burned! I have just fried over $500 IN COMPUTER PARTS because of this DEFECTIVE power supply that was sold to me! I have tried attaching my other power supply to the motherboard to see what if anything would work, the motherboard will not power up and POST. I have been a VERY good customer and between my fiancé and myself, we have spent several thousands of dollars buying items from you in the past! I am hoping that there is some way in which this can be rectified so that we may continue to buy from Amazon with confidence in the future!

Will do. this one too

Fried my motherboard and CPU!, February 14, 2013
Dear Amazon,

I have been a very good customer of your for some time now. I purchased this power last weekend it arrived on Monday 4/15/13. My work schedule didn't allow me to open this package until this evening when I got off of work. I put the items into the new case that I bought the week before from another vendor. As I build computers quite frequently I am in the habit of assembling the main components together on my test bench to ensure they are working properly before placing them in their case. Followed the same procedure that I have been following for 10+ years with no incident! I assembled the items of this computer, an ASUS maximus iv gene-z gen 3 motherboard bought for me for father's day year before last and is currently priced at ~$250.00, an Intel Core I-7 2600K CPU also bought father's day year before last and is currently priced at ~$330.00 and a single stick of RAM. I then connected the 24 pin ATX power cable and the 8 pin CPU cable from the cooler master 500 watt power supply that I purchased from you last weekend. I then plugged it into the surge protector strip that I own and pushed the "start" button that is an integrated part of this motherboard as soon as I did I heard a loud sizzling electric sound and saw smoke rising from the motherboard's CPU socket! I IMMEDIATELY moved to snatch the power supply cord from the surge protector knocking the motherboard from the test bench in the process. After unplugging the power supply from the surge protector I retrieved the motherboard from the floor. I removed the CPU and inspected the socket to find that one of the pins had been badly burned! I have just fried over $500 IN COMPUTER PARTS because of this DEFECTIVE power supply that was sold to me! I have tried attaching my other power supply to the motherboard to see what if anything would work, the motherboard will not power up and POST. I have been a VERY good customer and between my fiancé and myself, we have spent several thousands of dollars buying items from you in the past! I am hoping that there is some way in which this can be rectified so that we may continue to buy from Amazon with confidence in the future!

:o