Hi guys,

I recently saw the ncix video about the bench marking rumors of the nvidia shield 2. I was/am very interested in the original nvidia shield but I always thought that there were some things that could be improved. I'm going to list what I think can be improved in this post, please post your improvement ideas in this forum belo :)

(In no particular order)

1) Screen size: I think that the screen size should be bumped up from 5 inches to 5.5. This is because (as linus said in the original shield review) the fact that you have a controller in your hands means that the screen is slightly further away from your eyes, this could help provide a more similar experience to a smartphone screen.

2) Clicky buttons: Now, having never owned a shield before I don't know whether the buttons are clicky or not (maybe someone can tell me?) but if not, I would love to see them replaced with clicky ones for easier usage and more accurate and consistent keystroke registration.

3) Touchpads: This one will be one which divides opinions, and one that I am not sure about myself yet either. I was very interested in the touchpads on the steam box controller as it allowed for s apparently some-what simmilar accuracy to a keyboard and mouse. I haven't tried and so cannot be certain, but if this turns out to be true I would love to see them on the shield so I can play competitive first person shooters whilst in bed (or whatever)

To be honest I think that the above are all the improvements I can think of other than than small design tweaks like possibly relocating the headphone port on the bottom etc.

So, if they made those changes I would promptly go and buy one. Don't forget to leave your ideal improvements below,

Thanks

-Billy  

The buttons are stiff, but not clicky.

-Shield Owner and Lover

I think the design is pretty much perfect, but they could have made the screen larger.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The buttons are stiff, but not clicky.

-Shield Owner and Lover

I think the design is pretty much perfect, but they could have made the screen larger.

I completely agree with the thing you said about the design and the screen, just a bit bigger and it would be perfect. How are the buttons in comparison to an xbox 360 controller? ( I always thought the buttons were a bit light on the 360 controller) 

I completely agree with the thing you said about the design and the screen, just a bit bigger and it would be perfect. How are the buttons in comparison to an xbox 360 controller? ( I always thought the buttons were a bit light on the 360 controller) 

The buttons are a bit heavier, the triggers are really heavy (but it's nice.)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I think it'd be neat if they made the shield a mobile phone (or android player-type device) that you could dock into the controller portion and get increased battery, storage, more I/O options and a controller.

It'd be a hell of a lot more versatile and would allow people to take it on the go (like in the metro).

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

I think it'd be neat if they made the shield a mobile phone (or android player-type device) that you could dock into the controller portion and get increased battery, storage, more I/O options and a controller.

It'd be a hell of a lot more versatile and would allow people to take it on the go (like in the metro).

I totally agree about the core concept, I would love to be able to put it in a pocket for use as a mobile phone as well as the added functionality of the controller. In practice though I think it would be hard to achieve, you would have to make the docking method very sturdy. Also don't forget that some of the essential parts (like the CPU etc.) are located in the controller and require active cooling, so the most practical thing to do would be to put another CPU in the display/phone. This would either make the price extremely high or (more likely) we'd be left with a very low end phone.

This is a great idea, and one that would be very useful but in practice I think it would be hard to achieve.

Thanks

-Billy

I love my Shield and there really isn't much I'd want changed in a revision.  Only big thing would be to increase the screen size to ~5.5"

I'd be cool with a 5.5" screen at the current resolution if there was a cost issue.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I love my Shield and there really isn't much I'd want changed in a revision.  Only big thing would be to increase the screen size to ~5.5"

I'd be cool with a 5.5" screen at the current resolution if there was a cost issue.

Yep, I contently agree. Just out of interest though, would having a bigger screen Warrant you buying the next version, or would you just stick with what you have?

Thanks for the input, it is always appreciated!    

Thanks

-Billy

Yep, I contently agree. Just out of interest though, would having a bigger screen Warrant you buying the next version, or would you just stick with what you have?

Thanks for the input, it is always appreciated!    

Thanks

-Billy

Depends on how much the next version costs.  If it is $250CA or less I would probably go out and buy it and then sell my old one.  If it is 300 or more, I would probably not bother.  I constantly wish for a bigger screen, but it doesn't wreck my experience at all while playing, so I am satisfied with it now.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

1080p or higher screen! AC! More storage!

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

1080p or higher screen! AC! More storage!

Yes, I forgot about storage! This definitely seems like a good idea as I imagine that if I was to get one I would run out of storage very quickly.

Depends on how much the next version costs.  If it is $250CA or less I would probably go out and buy it and then sell my old one.  If it is 300 or more, I would probably not bother.  I constantly wish for a bigger screen, but it doesn't wreck my experience at all while playing, so I am satisfied with it now.

Somehow unless there is a special deal going on, I doubt that they will be on sale for under $250CA. However they may do just that looking at the deal which is on at the moment...