Using Discrete and Intergrated GPU at the same time on BOINC

I would really like to know if there is a way to get both the discrete and integrated gpus to work on boinc.

I know they would be separate tasks and the integrated gpu wont do allot, but every little helps. I currently run a I7 3770k and a HD7870, My motherboard also supports that lucid MPV thing that allows me to use both GPUS for gaming (which really works).I have tried plugging one of my monitors into the DVI port on the integrated GPU but it still doesn't show up in boinc, is there some sort of trickery i have to do?I also read some places that i need to make my IGPU the main GPU in the bios, my only worry is that this will mean that i wont be able to run games using my 7870.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Framski

What is Boinc... 

BOINC is a program that allows your computer to use its spare CPU/GPU cycles for scientific or community projects. you download a program and select which projects you would like to contribute to and then you have entered your computer into a effective Super computer cluster. your computer gets tasks to do and so do other people, there mostly meaningless on there own but when put together with the other tasks they produce valuble data for the project.

It also has a point aspect to it meaning that the more tasks you complete the more points you get, you can just compete in your country or in that task, or you can join a team like Linus Tech Tips and compete within the team for high positions as well as making the team become higher in the world.

You need to make sure that the project you're trying to run supports

running OpenCL on Intel's GPUs. Also, it seems that a dummy plug

is indeed required according to the BOINC wiki site (so plugging a

monitor into that port was not the stupidest of ideas actually).

Intel GPUs: Currently Ivy Bridge and Haswell are the only Intel CPUs with an OpenCL capable Intel GPU, however future embedded GPUs may also support OpenCL. You will need to install Intel graphics drivers to enable OpenCL support. It's also needed to add a monitor or VGA dummy-plug before the Intel GPU is recognized.

source

I've never really tried running BOINC on Intel's integrated graphics,

but this thread on the BOINC forums might be of help (solution in

that case was on page two).

The user in that case also reported needing to plug in a monitor

to the M/B, otherwise the Intel GPU would not be detected by

BOINC.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic