Poll: NVIDIA vs AMD

theawesomejman

at the moment the price to performance ratio at Nvidia and AMD are almost the same so I would choose Nvidia because of the higher reliability

Everything that's in my PC and on my desk

Intel Core i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 770 Gaming 2GB | Corsair Obsidian 450D | Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Corsair CX750M  | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition | NZXT Hue RGB Leds | 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition | Corsair AF120 Performance Edition | Nanoxia Frontpanel Extension Red | AOC G2770PQU | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate MX Brown | Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS | Corsair Vengeance 1500

I've never ever had a NVIDIA card in my life. Now i am moving over from AMD to NVIDIA. AMD are behind in the gpu race because of their position and their release time/dates. They may have the last laugh but it does not last for a long time. I believe both should release in the same time period.

One, two, three, four, I declare a GPU war. :P

That's how these types of threads usually end up as. :(

Makes perfect sense. Nvidia stomps all over AMD. AMD is more of a cost orientated company. 

880 for the win.

I have only one thing to say, 

UNLEASH THE FANBOIS!!!!

WOLULULUULULL!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

AMD for single GPU.

Nvidia for multiple GPUs.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Myself, I have no personal preference. I choose whichever card will provide the kind of performance I need at the price-point I want. In the case of my current one, I chose the R9 270 because it was cheaper than the GeForce GTX 660, and it had better performance. I don't care about features, like ShadowPlay or whatever, because I won't use it, and I noticed that someone mentioned it is easier to install nVidia drivers. I don't care about that either. I can just remove the current drivers and put the new ones in. It's no big deal, either way.

I cannot really vote on this, because I value both companies equally, and they both offer compelling options, so it would be stupid of me to pick just one.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Lower levels of intelligence? What?

Maybe you should attempt to conceal your inner fanboy a little better.

Whoever has the most powerful card at any point in time doesn't matter. Most people don't buy the most powerful card on the market before it's eclipsed by something else and the price drops anyway.

Common consensus is that in the mid-high range, nVidia's card perform better than AMD's. However, in the lower price ranges, AMD cards provide a better cost/performance ratio.

Maybe next time, instead of trying to insult people, you could take a few moments to actually read what they've said.

R9 290: $400

GTX 780:$500

R9 290X: $550

GTX 780 Ti: $650+

GTX 770: $350

R9 280X: $330

R9 270X: $200

R9 280: $280

GTX 760: $250

R7 265: $150, higher performance

GTX 750 Ti: $150

No, I think YOU'RE full of bullshit.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Kids, I closed this thread 3 pages ago. The data has been gathered, NVIDIA won. Deal with it.

Have a different opinion? Too bad, go write about it somewhere else, thread closed. Case closed.

Same performance? Same price? I'll take Nvida because of Shadowplay. 

Same price, I'll take amd for better performance.

Spoiler

Kids, I closed this thread 3 pages ago. The data has been gathered, NVIDIA won. Deal with it.

Have a different opinion? Too bad, go write about it somewhere else, thread closed. Case closed.

Obviously this thread is still open considering I am posting in it.

NVIDIA didn't win anything but the award for overpriced gimmicky video cards.

Obviously this thread is still open considering I am posting in it.

NVIDIA didn't win anything but the award for overpriced gimmicky video cards.

If you went to primary school to learn how to read and write and are not mentally ill then you can see NVIDIA has 113 votes whereas AMD has 55 votes, 113 is a bigger number than 55 if you learnt 1st grade math.

This was not a flame war between brands, this was (was, as in it's over) a survey where at www.linustechtips.com users voted and a winner came out of the votes, you cannot argue with this, it's fact, it's logic. The voting was done, the results were counted, NVIDIA won. If you can't process that then I suggest you go seek help, because you need it.

If you went to primary school to learn how to read and write and are not mentally ill then you can see NVIDIA has 113 votes whereas AMD has 55 votes, 113 is a bigger number than 55 if you learnt 1st grade math.

This was not a flame war between brands, this was (was, as in it's over) a survey where at www.linustechtips.com users voted and a winner came out of the votes, you cannot argue with this, it's fact, it's logic. The voting was done, the results were counted, NVIDIA won. If you can't process that then I suggest you go seek help, because you need it.

You're a complete retard.

This was not a flame war between parties, this was (was, as in it's over) a survey where in Russia users voted and a winner came out of the votes, you cannot argue with this, it's fact, it's logic. The voting was done, the results were counted, Vladimir Putin won. If you can't process that then I suggest you go seek help, because you need it.

You see the fallacy?

There is no objective truth to this, this isn't a legitimate poll because it is anonymous. in fact as far as I can tell this poll simply postulates that more people own nvidia than AMD, and put in a vote for their corresponding team, which is NOT a logical basis for anything other than consumerist marketing.

I've had both amd and nvidia and I prefer nvidia moreeeeeeeeeeee due to the fact about the heat problems at this current and last gen (but hey the gtx 480 is one hot slut).

my 680 sli had better temps than my 7970 xfire and so did my 780 and 780 ti and now the black compared to my friends r9 290x (just to let you know my area is hotter compared to most people unless you're in india or middle east).

3930k stock volts everything stock yada yada = 36c (tuniq and a nh-d14 back then) and yes it's properly applied. room temp is actually hot.

Live your life like a dream.

back 7 years ago I would go with Nvidia... now it doesn't matter as much anymore.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

Voted for Nvidia. I just wanted to criticize the GTX 750 Ti for having 2 Gigs of RAM and only a memory interface of 128Bit but I looked it up and AMD does the same shit with their R7 260x. So compared to that I guess it's still a good pick due to the low power consumption and heat output.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I'd say choose the price you're comfortable with first. To most price points, the differences between nvidia and amd is minimal, so I'd then make a decision based on free games etc

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

always had nvidia (and recently bought some more older cards because for once nvidia cards were a decent price)
case in point my collection......not a single ati card (though i do have a 9800se) also out of shot is a m32 card i forgot about

20140430 133243upload

drivers are equal, features are pretty much the same (nvidia has shadow play which is cool, amd has trueaudio and mantle NOW=both equal), but amd have better price/performance across the board and make more sense because of it.
not going to buy nvidia again for a long time until they drop the apple/intel-esque charade of pretending to be more premium by raising prices. (im sorry but deal with it, believe/buy what you want its your money, im very careful what i do with mine).

edit; i have a sneaking suspiction that nvidia fans are more likely to vote on things like this and pronounce how thier cards are better (in various threads etc) wheras amd fans will likely not bother to vote on things and will not as often talk about thier cards choosing that discretion is the better part of valor, i havent voted...

if this truly is a survey then there is no actual winner, all there it shows is evidence that there are either more nvidia users or they are more likely to vote or both.

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

You're a complete retard.

This was not a flame war between parties, this was (was, as in it's over) a survey where in Russia users voted and a winner came out of the votes, you cannot argue with this, it's fact, it's logic. The voting was done, the results were counted, Vladimir Putin won. If you can't process that then I suggest you go seek help, because you need it.

You see the fallacy?

There is no objective truth to this, this isn't a legitimate poll because it is anonymous. in fact as far as I can tell this poll simply postulates that more people own nvidia than AMD, and put in a vote for their corresponding team, which is NOT a logical basis for anything other than consumerist marketing.

Except this is not a government voting program where votes can easily be manipulated and rigged by corruption, threats, etc. The question was what brand do you prefer, not what brand do you own, therefore leaving users of the forum to vote on their opinion, the question the poll posed was in the end, what do users at Linustechtips.com prefer, NVIDIA or AMD, and the poll got it's answer in the form of votes for each brand, but hey nice grammar though.

Except this is not a government voting program where votes can easily be manipulated and rigged by corruption, threats, etc. The question was what brand do you prefer, not what brand do you own, therefore leaving users of the forum to vote on their opinion, the question the poll posed was in the end, what do users at Linustechtips.com prefer, NVIDIA or AMD, and the poll got it's answer in the form of votes for each brand, but hey nice grammar though.

10minutemail.com make tons of accounts with short-term email addresses and make a ton of accounts to vote.

Intel Integraded HD graphics. Better than the Titan Z and 290x2 combined!

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Intel Integraded HD graphics. Better than the Titan Z and 290x2 combined!

295X2*

295X2*

lol thanks. I was going to bed and I was tired. So yeah.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man! This is not easy. I love my new R9 series card, But Nvidia makes great GPU's there is no doubt about that, And Nvidia is really good at efficency, And Nvidia's drivers are much better than AMD's. But AMD always wins in price/performence that's why my favorite is AMD.

CPU: Intel i5 3470@3.8ghz, Motherboard: Biostar TZ77A, Ram: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600, GPU: EVGA SC GTX 970 ACX 2.0 , PSU: Corsair CX600, Case: Antec 300, OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64