Poll: NVIDIA vs AMD

theawesomejman

I like nvidia, but I'm not the kind of guy who steams or records video so shadowplay has no value to me. G-sync is cool but the monitors atm are too expensive for me. You also tend to get more vram with amd and their new xdma crossfirex isn't bad.

your sarcastic? I hope

Nope. Is it really that difficult to understand?

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

I would love to buy Nvidia, but for some reason, pricing is is just inflated as hell, so I just go with what is cheapest

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

What does prefer something for performance means? And prefer something for price?  This very cryptic. 

what i mean is example Nvidia 780ti outperform 290x in 1080p even at 1440p but the 780ti cost more. thats why i say you can go for AMD if you have tight budget.

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

Nope. Is it really that difficult to understand?

if something costs more it performs better and vice-versa. But not always. sometime sit costs less and performs better.

Its not difficult to understand lower levels of intelligence.

AMD has had most of the time the most powerfull  Graphic card on earth. right now and last years.

AMD has also probably the chepest card on earth most of the time. But to compare by what you dont buy is ...stupid. I wont bother.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Neck a Neck ,AMD's Poled away with new R9-295x2 in terms of Dual GPU Solution ,and GTX 780Ti is Rocking the Single GPU Market , Features are very alike From both(Adaptive V-Sync vs Adaptive Sampelling ...and so on) ,it's KingKong Vs Gordzella ,one thing AMD doesn't have a competitor to ,is the double precision in the Titan ,but we Gamers wont benefit from that so ...

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

the only reason i picked nvidia is because of features i like shadowplay an shield too much to switch to amd now

me too ,since yesterday

They offer good in-betweens for the gaps that nvidia leaves. For example, a r9 290 is in between a 770 and a 780 in terms of price and performance

Nope ,290 is better then the 780 with a margin, but 780 gets away after overclocking both ,but no match for 780Ti ,     770 ,no i used to think 770 is close to 290 but ,i found out a wile ago that it isn't  , .

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Nvidia cause 750ti FTW

Current PC: Chimera, Because AMD and Nvidia belong together

| CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P | RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866 | Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256 GB SSD, 2x Seagate 1TB 7200RPM HDD | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB SC | Case: CM N600 | PSU: Corsair CX 600W(Overkill but I was originaly planning for a 970) | Moniter: BenQ GL2460HM 60Hz 24" |

Left five, Don't cut, Be brave.

295χ2>titan z

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Red camp over here, but that's mostly because of the fact that, despite being behind NVIDIA in terms of performance in certain games and applications, the price to performance ratios do tend to favor AMD cards (R9-290X is beat by 780 Ti, but the increase of performance that the 780Ti gives isn't the same as the increase in price.) Yes, I know AMD made some shitty reference designs, but we do have great third party solutions like those touted by MSI (Lightning) and Sapphire (Tri-X/Vapor-X).

On the other hand, in terms of laptops, Nvidia wins me over, but then again, not many gaming PC makers actually provide laptops with the latest Radeon Graphics, and I am completely unsure if those said Radeon Mobile Chips would actually work well in smaller laptop form factors.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Shit+storm.jpg

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Nope ,290 is better then the 780 with a margin ,but no match for 780Ti ,     770 ,no i used to think 770 is close to 290 but ,i found out a wile ago that it isn't  , .

I'm glad that you are willing to recognize your mistakes. :)

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I only prefer nvidia because of their technologies like shadowplay, physx, and gamestream. Otherwise I will get whatever gives me more frames for my money.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

if something costs more it performs better and vice-versa. But not always. sometime sit costs less and performs better.

Its not difficult to understand lower levels of intelligence.

AMD has had most of the time the most powerfull  Graphic card on earth. right now and last years.

AMD has also probably the chepest card on earth most of the time. But to compare by what you dont buy is ...stupid. I wont bother.

Lower levels of intelligence? What?

Maybe you should attempt to conceal your inner fanboy a little better.

Whoever has the most powerful card at any point in time doesn't matter. Most people don't buy the most powerful card on the market before it's eclipsed by something else and the price drops anyway.

Common consensus is that in the mid-high range, nVidia's card perform better than AMD's. However, in the lower price ranges, AMD cards provide a better cost/performance ratio.

Maybe next time, instead of trying to insult people, you could take a few moments to actually read what they've said.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

This LOST TALE guy... Sentences don't make sense. Insults people. Makes dumb suggestions like creating a "both" category for the poll. The question is asking a preference, saying "both" adds no value to the thread. 

OMG THE MOST POWERFULLLY GRAPICS CARD OF ALL DA TIMESZZ!!

Your posts generally make me angry. 

That is all. 

Where's the 'Both' option?

Yea, I crossSLI'd my r9 290 with a gtx 780 and it's so powerful it's smoking.

Spoiler

have both brands and they both have there perks, but i prefer nvidia, why i dun know it just works smoother to me

Lower levels of intelligence? What?

Maybe you should attempt to conceal your inner fanboy a little better.

Whoever has the most powerful card at any point in time doesn't matter. Most people don't buy the most powerful card on the market before it's eclipsed by something else and the price drops anyway.

Common consensus is that in the mid-high range, nVidia's card perform better than AMD's. However, in the lower price ranges, AMD cards provide a better cost/performance ratio.

Maybe next time, instead of trying to insult people, you could take a few moments to actually read what they've said.

I've read what you said and your near hopeless, since your only near hopeless I will reply.

''Maybe you should attempt to conceal your inner fanboy a little better.'' thats just a very wrong assumption and my take on that will remain so, will not repeat.

''No it's not. He prefers nVidia because he thinks the performance is better, and he prefers AMD's lower prices.''

''Whoever has the most powerful card at any point in time doesn't matter. Most people don't buy the most powerful card on the market before it's eclipsed by something else and the price drops anyway.''

And that is why your first comment didnt make sense. To see someones point of view, but to see its path of enlightement is else, and so I cannot save you.

This LOST TALE guy... Sentences don't make sense. Insults people. Makes dumb suggestions like creating a "both" category for the poll. The question is asking a preference, saying "both" adds no value to the thread. 

That is all. 

Keep raging over the irony of your own flawed logic. Yeah that part in capslocks is sarcastic

Now all you noobs backing up: ''No it's not. He prefers nVidia because he thinks the performance is better, and he prefers AMD's lower prices.''

How about you bring proof(examples) from the market, then Il continue and counterproof you with your own logic.

You will understand by failure, thats one way I see.

Now if you cant prove your point (if you support it) I will probably continuously reply with the fact that you didnt, this should get worthwhile!

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

That is all. 

When you'll learn statistics, You'll know it affects the percentages and better reflects reality. (given that your level isnt noob)

In fact it would equalize them, in this poll the shown difference is bigger then it is in reality.

I love 16 year old mentalities. I'm glad you recognized my sarcasm though, very intelligent I must say. :)

*snip*

I'm apparently hopelessly less intelligent than you, and yet, you can't even figure out the proper usage for "your" and "you're"...

You've proven nothing with logic, my own or otherwise. Someone shared their opinion, another person said it didn't make sense, and I pointed out how what was said made perfect sense. Then you came into the thread and started insulting people because you don't share their opinion.

I'm sure you'll continue attempting to claim you've won some kind of argument over opinions that no one but you acknowledges exists... but whatever. I won't be replying to you again.

I'm apparently hopelessly less intelligent than you, and yet, you can't even figure out the proper usage for "your" and "you're"...

You've proven nothing with logic, my own or otherwise. Someone shared their opinion, another person said it didn't make sense, and I pointed out how what was said made perfect sense. Then you came into the thread and started insulting people because you don't share their opinion.

I'm sure you'll continue attempting to claim you've won some kind of argument over opinions that no one but you acknowledges exists... but whatever. I won't be replying to you again.

I'm on the same boat. HIGH FIVE FOR IDIOTS WHO LACK INTELLIGENCE!!! 

your is for possession

you're is the contraction of ''you are''

And you're a grammar nazi.

And their meaning is different. I strongly believe you either have a feeling your logic isnt immaculate or gave up. come back anytime you wanna bring some ''EZ'' examples. It's very easy.

The bridge to prove to someone that a logic is better is to show that his logic is wrong.

Nothing better then letting you be part of an action. Because if I do it for you, it'l just be ignored by your intelect.

If you point another grammar nazi argument, I will give 0 fks of grammar anymore.