AnotherTechGuy

4k is dead to Linus what a ridiculous thing to come out with  :rolleyes:

don't do it

dpi scaling will be a pain, and some things will look tiny

Nossa don't be such a knob , As if your buying one man they cost a fortune and if your into tech you know not to even look at them for at least 2 years 

God this forum is so full of shit sometimes 

I'm kinda unexpectedly in the same boat now, my Dell 2408WFP which has served me well is starting to have issues, a big Black Bar down the side of it has appeared and the monitor flickers on and off a heck of a lot when I turn it on, So I justed started looking at monitors and I'm a bit loss at what to do I like to get something at least as good as my Dell, and now these 4k are coming out at £500 it is tempting. I like something higer res than 1080p, and I would like maybe a 27inch now. What to do?

Your penis will shrink to the size of a tic tac if purchase a 4k monitor.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

There is no content for 4K?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Your _____ will shrink to the size of a tic tac if purchase a 4k monitor.

You might wanna get your mind out of the gutter. It's been there for quite awhile. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Okay, whilst this is mostly true, I think that there is more of a lack of content for 4K rather than there being none. ;)

Okay, whilst this is mostly true, I think that there is more of a lack of content for 4K rather than there being none. ;)

Sure, a lack is fine too. Another problem is the huge amount of data required to either watch video or play games. Maybe if you can afford to spend a lot of money on 780Ti SLI. Or, if you're feeling brave, do a 295X2 CF. :P

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Sure, a lack is fine too. Another problem is the huge amount of data required to either watch video or play games. Maybe if you can afford to spend a lot of money on 780Ti SLI. Or, if you're feeling brave, do a 295X2 CF. :P

Good info/advice mate!

You might wanna get your mind out of the gutter. It's been there for quite awhile. :P

He did ask me to convince him that he shouldn't get a 4k monitor :P

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

If they run out

http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Monitors/25%2B_inch/54493-34UM95-P

I've purchased from both these guys, as good as pccasegear, mwave uses Startrack which is awesome, next day never fail.

:D  - That ETA is accurate as far as the 6th goes however we were meant to get the Samsung 4K's on the 6th as well however we had 10 turn up Thursday and the rest are here next week which means we will probably have them on Thursday as well. As far as orders, as of today, I didn't see many people with their name down for them.

This. Well sorta - there is content but things like UI's ect are horrible at the moment due to them being designed for sub 1440P content. 

Cons of 4k today:

- Very very expensive

- Scaling on Windows for applications is awful. So many apps are UNUSABLE at 4k resolutions as they don't scale properly.

- Chrome doesn't work with 4k, the text is fuzzy.

- Needs a lot of GPU horse power to run it and all you get is smaller pixels that still need AA to look reasonable.

- Plenty of games are having issues running at 4k, a lot of them just don't support it.

- Scaling 1080p content onto a 4k screen is currently broken, it produces a fuzzy image due to the scalar along with a lot of lag and overall looks like balls.

- There isn't really much content other than games.

Its too early, once the main issues are solved in Windows and newer GPUs are out with better performance then maybe its worth it, but now its very bleeding edge and you will get cut.