Which USB AMP/DAC?

CameronUK

I was previously looking at the Fiio E10, however it's now not available to buy here in the UK for some reason (discontinued maybe?). It was the perfect option for me as it was an amp and dac with bass boost. I've yet to find one that offers the same functionality for the price. I don't want a portable one as it's only for my desktop computer (the front panel audio is dodgy on my case where a cable was snagged whilst in the socket).

I've been looking at the sound blaster X-Fi HD - has anyone here had any experience with it? It appears to fit the bill for me, but honestly it's just out of range. I'm really not impressed by the onboard audio on my PC, and I can definitely tell a difference when using my HD8 DJ when plugged into it vs being plugged into my mac. It just sounds more dull and bass isn't as strong.

I don't want to spend huge amounts of money, as honestly I can't tell the difference between 50 GBP equipment and 300 GBP stuff. Anything that's both an amp and dac with a hardware bass boost and better than average sound quality will fit the bill.

Cheers

I was previously looking at the Fiio E10, however it's now not available to buy here in the UK for some reason (discontinued maybe?). It was the perfect option for me as it was an amp and dac with bass boost. I've yet to find one that offers the same functionality for the price. I don't want a portable one as it's only for my desktop computer (the front panel audio is dodgy on my case where a cable was snagged whilst in the socket).

I've been looking at the sound blaster X-Fi HD - has anyone here had any experience with it? It appears to fit the bill for me, but honestly it's just out of range. I'm really not impressed by the onboard audio on my PC, and I can definitely tell a difference when using my HD8 DJ when plugged into it vs being plugged into my mac. It just sounds more dull and bass isn't as strong.

I don't want to spend huge amounts of money, as honestly I can't tell the difference between 50 GBP equipment and 300 GBP stuff. Anything that's both an amp and dac with a hardware bass boost and better than average sound quality will fit the bill.

Cheers

Mayflower O2 DAC+AMP. 

https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/shop/digital-to-analog-converters/objective2-odac-combo-with-rear-power/

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Quite a bit out of my price range really. It's 170 GBP here in the UK. I'm looking to spend roughly 60

Your headphones aren't really in need of an ampp or dac, unless there is something wrong with your onboard use that.

As I've said, I don't like the sound of the onboard audio. It doesn't power my headphones anywhere near as loud as my mac. Even at the same volume, the mac sounds clearer and delivers much stronger bass. I definitely want to get an AMP + DAC.

As I've said, I don't like the sound of the onboard audio. It doesn't power my headphones anywhere near as loud as my mac. Even at the same volume, the mac sounds clearer and delivers much stronger bass. I definitely want to get an AMP + DAC.

Well since the Fiio E10 is gone, the next best thing is an o2

http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/

I think you would be fine with just an amp if you want to save a bit of money.