LG 34UM95 34" Ultra Widescreen 21:9 Monitor - My New Favourite

I like this monitor for a few reasons, price, resolution, and it's IPS!

But what I really like about it is the bezel, it's small!  I plan on using 5 of these in a eyefinity setup and thankfully it has a vesa mount which makes this possible, it's gonna be sweet but probably not happen completely until end of year or next year due to price and upgrading my PC.   The thing I plan on doing first until I get all five is run them in crossfire which will give me 2 screens per monitor well until I get all five and just keep chaning the setup as needed until completed.

I really like that $999 price point, can't believe amazon has it for almost $1.500 bucks!  B&H video has it for the lowest I could find, also what happened to the NCIX link?  

Why 5

Why not get 6, and have them 3 side by side and 2 tall :3 some crazy monitor wall

29.7 megapixel display!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy balls indeed

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Couple of pointers that Linus has mentioned and I want to reiterate the importance... DPI scaling. Getting programs to run on a standard 30" 16:9 2160p would be difficult to read. Most major programs will probably be able to support it, but those won't be the only ones that I'll be using. In terms of the usability, if I scale everything to 1080p, it defeats the purpose of having such a high resolution display in the first place. Anyway, I sit in a relaxed posture so the distance of my eyes to the monitor is relatively far. Now this LG can still maintain a traditional DPI but, I'll have a larger screen estate without compromising resolution.

Edit: spell check

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

For all you people out there that have choked at the price there is another 34" 21:9 panel from LG the 34UM65 which has the same 2560x1080 resolution as the 29" panels that have been available for some time now.

I was very tempted to get a 29" panel last year but didnt feel it was a big enough upgrade over my old Dell 2407.  OK I would still be losing a little vertical resolution but it is the sheer size of it that attracts me and for just over £500 in the UK its a much more attractive option than the 29" panels.  I dont know if this panel is available in the US yet.

@ Linus ... question
how is the IPS glow and backlight bleed on the monitor?

For all you people out there that have choked at the price there is another 34" 21:9 panel from LG the 34UM65 which has the same 2560x1080 resolution as the 29" panels that have been available for some time now.

I was very tempted to get a 29" panel last year but didnt feel it was a big enough upgrade over my old Dell 2407.  OK I would still be losing a little vertical resolution but it is the sheer size of it that attracts me and for just over £500 in the UK its a much more attractive option than the 29" panels.  I dont know if this panel is available in the US yet.

The 34UM95 has a 3440x1440 resolution as opposed to 2560x1080 on the other 21:9 monitors such as the 34UM65.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

@ Linus ... question

how is the IPS glow and backlight bleed on the monitor?

I recently purchased this monitor. needless to say I absolutely love it. backlight bleed will vary always but my panel had some bad backlight bleed out of the box. I went around the edge with a microfiber cloth and put light pressure to rub out the bleed. worked everywhere except the bottom. I still have 2 tiny spots of backlight bleed but arent very noticeable unless you set the brightness to above 90%

I want one soo bad!! but that price though...  £1,068.05 on Amazon!

and thats the only place i can find it online atm

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

This looks like an epic monitor! Linus, try to keep us updated with other similar 21:9 monitors in the future.

I want one soo bad!! but that price though...  £1,068.05 on Amazon!

and thats the only place i can find it online atm

What? When i searched it it cam up as £500

Linus, since you're one of the few to have it right now

do you really think a VESA arm is necessary - IF you can live with propping up the height with a book/box/etc?

I already pre-ordered it and was looking for a VESA arm....but then thought....this thing is so big, wouldn't it be a little silly? once it's at the right height, would you really bother moving it around?

Anyone have an idea if a single GTX 780ti could run games on this monitor? 

probably a mix of high medium settings and still get 60fps

What? When i searched it it cam up as £500

that may be the 34UM65 they are around £500 looks the same but resolusion is 2560 x 1080

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

that may be the 34UM65 they are around £500 looks the same but resolusion is 2560 x 1080

Ahh. Would you mind linking me to the 95 version please? I can't seem to find it.

probably a mix of high medium settings and still get 60fps

Are you using a wide screen monitor now? I've been looking all over the net and can't find much on performance requirements for this. 

thanks, 

Are you using a wide screen monitor now? I've been looking all over the net and can't find much on performance requirements for this. 

thanks, 

just a estimated guess, since 780/290 class can handle most games at 1440p at ultra settings

Ahh. Would you mind linking me to the 95 version please? I can't seem to find it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Electronics-34UM95-P-AEU-34UM95-P/dp/B00HG7EB64

its £906 now :P still expensive xD

When I looked at a 21:9 in real life, it felt weird. I don't know if I am ready for this, I want my CRT with 800*600 back :(

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Suggested improvements:

• Add a subtle curve to the panel. I'm not a fan of this on televisions, but it would provide an amazingly immersive experience on a computer monitor at this aspect ratio.

I've just crunched the numbers and guess what? Currently, at standard 70 cm viewing distance, display is covering 59° of HFOV.

IF display was slightly curved (radius of curvature = 70cm), it would cover 65° of HFOV.

So, increase of 10% in HFOV, just by slightly bending this thing.

Thanks mate. And I agree, still very expensive xD

No probs :)   and i may go for the 34UM65 as its like half the price same screen size but only 2560 x 1080 so not sure if i should wait for the 95 to get cheaper http://www.dabs.com/products/lg-electronics-34um65-p-24--2560x1440-5ms-dvi-hdmi-displayport-ips-led-monitor-9D5G.html

No probs :)   and i may go for the 34UM65 as its like half the price same screen size but only 2560 x 1080 so not sure if i should wait for the 95 to get cheaper http://www.dabs.com/products/lg-electronics-34um65-p-24--2560x1440-5ms-dvi-hdmi-displayport-ips-led-monitor-9D5G.html

Sounds like a good choice. Considering of buying one myself. I hope they're worth it since this is like 6 of my graphic design job's worth of money xD

Sounds like a good choice. Considering of buying one myself. I hope they're worth it since this is like 6 of my graphic design job's worth of money xD

yeah having one would be very cool, and yeah its just under 2 weeks wages for me.  i haven't treated myself to anything recently, last big thing i bought was my gtx 770 last year  so i may have to :P