LG 34UM95 34" Ultra Widescreen 21:9 Monitor - My New Favourite

DAMN! That is one sexy monitor, I really want one but not yet.

I know this maybe off topic Linus, but I would like to suggest that maybe you can do a build guide for us with the AMD Radeon R9 295X2. I mean, with the rad issues, case compatibility and power supply compatibility I think that this would be quite an interesting build especially for those enthusiasts who are considering getting this beast, I mean your review was quite clear that this is a brilliant dual gpu gaming graphics card.

Hey Linus here's the 1080p version, may appeal due to it's much lower price (cause saving $1000 definitely isn't something we want)

EDIT: Oops forgot the link, how stupid of me

http://www.ncix.com/detail/lg-29um65-p-29in-widescreen-led-e7-94835-1320.htm

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

I don't think I could disagree with you more here Linus, at least in some of the reasoning you've given for the resolution.

While yes, TODAY graphics cards & APUs can run it, and TODAY windows can support it, unless we support 4k, unless we DEMAND intel, amd and nvidia to innovate to support it, we're just going to continue down the road we've been down for the past decade.

Think how long we've had 1080p, do you really want to be stuck with 1440p for the next ten years?

about time this came out....they announced this before CES and we hadn't seen/heard anything since.....

but man the price...

was planning on getting one of these to upgrade from 1080p, non-height adjustable surround setup. But bezels don't bother me as much and now those expensive triple stands don't seem so expensive anymore vs a $1500 monitor WITHOUT height adjust.....ugh

Great video. It really made me think twice about 4K and what the ideal monitor would look like for me.

You covered how it only takes about ~30% more than a regular 1440p monitor to power this beauty, but would it be possible to see some actual benchmarks?

Thanks

Finally. I was waiting for this review. Defiantly planning to get this monitor. 

Cheers Linus.

Why so defiant my man?

Yeah but that means suffering a horrible experience for myself :/ I guess I will have to stick to 16:9 for now

#firstworldproblems

use OBS and downscale it? u cna have sexy black bars :P

also it would make recording gameplay videos for youtube a nightmare

Or you can be like me and just upload the videos in the full 21:9 resolution. 

But if you want to still do old 16:9 for people you can just run windowed 1920x1080

Or you can be like me and just upload the videos in the full 21:9 resolution. 

But if you want to still do old 16:9 for people you can just run windowed 1920x1080

See on my 4:3 work monitor this is literally horrible to watch haha! I guess for other super widescreen users its pretty cool to have content they can watch natively..

See for things like watching 1080p youtube it would be annoying because it wouldnt go full screen

I guess there is no real solution (or I am too whiney) I will just stick to 16:9 1440p. It is still blowing me away currently, why did I put up with that crap before

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What a rubbish "review".

You didn't show how good or bad the backlight bleed(I mean SHOW IT instead of blabbing about your opinion as you perceived it as "good", keep in mind that "good" standard might mean different to me and to other people) , how reflective the screen is (with the screen off and a light source moving around).

It is 2014 for god sakes, atleast show us some result if the monitor is overclockable. I am pretty sure many people would be interested on it as it improves impressiveness on gameplay(less fatigue) and better movie playback(especially if watching a 24p on 96Hz).

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Too bad it's so expensive. I've always thought that 21:9 is awesome. I just got a brand new BenQ XL2720Z, so no new monitors for me for a while.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

I just got the AOC 29" "version" at work, and I totally agreee with Linus on how great it is for work. Have dual 27" screens at home, and working without the bezel is great.

And for this comment that movie lovers would have to view movies on this, why? I have a Philips 58" 21:9 in my livingroom, and have had it since 2011.

And it's the perfect TV (To bad they have stopped production, just hope LG downsizes their 108" soon).

For movies it's like watching them on a 63" TV, without black bars, and the oversized case. And watching normalt TV is perfect, as with black bars on the side,

it's about the screen size of a 46" TV, and that's the max size for normal TV broadcast, even in HD (since the quality compared to blu-ray sucks).

I had a 52" normal TV before this, and normal TV broadcast looked so bad compared to the 46" size this and the TV I had before the 52" did. (All top of the line TVs)

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY you can buy 3 pb278q for this price, I understand function + form + nicelooking and all.. but cmon :(

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

most msrp quotes Ive seen on this monitor is $999 USD

$1500 seems to be the early presale option

I really liked my 21:9 LG monitor that was 2560x1080p

but for gaming, sometimes it was just awful

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

What was that racing game you were playing in the beginning?

If you love what you do, it's not work.

Looks great.

I'm not excited about the price however.  I would buy it if it was under $1000.

Creative Build Name Here

i7 3930K | Rampage IV Extreme | NH-U14S | GTX 680 x2 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Coolermaster 1000W | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Western Digital Black 2TB x2 | 12GB RAM Disk | HE-500 Headphones

All in the Fractal Design Define XL R2

Your videos get better at an oustanding rate. Devils advocates personality type awesomeness(perfectly fitting your passion), your so recognizable.

Whatever you've changed is good, people dont feedback on good things as much as bad things, so behind no complaining hides approval.

Pretty sure you've figured that out long ago.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

the price is too high to justify the benefits. I still prefrer dual monitors.

Looks great, but I think I'll be waiting a while before getting something like this.  Hopefully some of the other vendors come out with models soon, that address the issues you have.  When gsynce/freesync and a few of the other new features start coming out, I'll look at upgrading.

If you replace 4k with a boys name the video description sounds like a twilight type book.

I thought I cared about Brad... And for a while I truly did. Now I have this, and I don't remember why Brad ever mattered... Welcome to my review of the LG 34UM95.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

When these things hit the $500AUD mark I will get 2 and they will be placed above my triple monitor array.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Why so defiant my man?

LOL autocorrect, I meant 'Definitely' haha

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

What a rubbish "review".

You didn't show how good or bad the backlight bleed(I mean SHOW IT instead of blabbing about your opinion as you perceived it as "good", keep in mind that "good" standard might mean different to me and to other people) , how reflective the screen is (with the screen off and a light source moving around).

It is 2014 for god sakes, atleast show us some result if the monitor is overclockable. I am pretty sure many people would be interested on it as it improves impressiveness on gameplay(less fatigue) and better movie playback(especially if watching a 24p on 96Hz).

All of those things will vary from panel to panel and there's literally no point of him mentioning it because everyone is going to be different.