Razer Kraken Pro OR Steelseries Siberia v2 (Red)?

Hi guys,

i've been wanting to buy a decent pair of gaming headset for a while, primarily using it to play League of Legends and general PC gaming (GTA, Call of Duty etc.) as well. After reading countless discussions on forums and watching reviews on both pair of headphones on YouTube, I just can't decide on which pair to get.

Some people would argue that Razer has a bad reputation of build quality and the Siberia v2's are much better, but some say apparently the metal cords that hold the flexible headbands on them can wear down quite quickly.

Can someone please weigh out the pro's and con's of each pair and guide me as to which one I should pick? I'm most concerned about the performance of my headset, primarily sound quality, microphone quality/clarity and comfort. The appearance and material of the headset itself is really secondary to me. I am also able to pick either one of these up at quite a similar price point (even though many sites on the web sell the Siberia v2's at quite a bit more expensive) so that's why I really want to make sure I picked up the superior one in terms of performance.

Thanks very much in advance, guys and I look forward to hearing from you!

DO NOT buy Razer products, they are overpriced and overrated. You pay a lot for the brand where you could be spending it on pure quality.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

In before standalone mic and headphone recommendation

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Theres sound leakage on the V2's because of the earcups positioning

The Kraken are bad after an extended period of use

Imo get something better like DT700 and clipon mic

hellooooooooo

like i said, i've watched so many reviews and comparisons of BOTH pairs of headsets and none of them seem to be able to suggest a clear winner. Also I would be able to get either pair at around the same price point, so price is not an issue.

If you guys had to choose either one or the other, which one would you pick up, based on its overall performance?

I have a Kraken, it is not as comfy as advertised, well it is comfy for a while, not so after long period of use, it is great for gaming, but sucks for music. When you put that on for gaming, you are not going to hear any sound around you unless you turn down the volume. And you have to be very careful for the headband if you go for the Kraken, even though I tale good care of it, somehow it has some damages on the headband which suggest potential bad build quality, but the headset itself is quite tough though. I'm going get something like a ATH M50 in the future which people said god for both gaming and music. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Purely with these choices? The v2 every time.

In before standalone mic and headphone recommendation

but I happen to enjoy recommending legitimately good products

but I happen to enjoy using legitimately good products

but I happen to enjoy recommending legitimately good products

but linus will be mad at you for being elitist. and you only have two ears. or something

but linus will be mad at you for being elitist. and you only have two ears. or something

God forbid some dude calls me a name for knowing what I'm doing

• 7 months later...

I have the Siberia V2, and although it's probably too late to reply, I do have to say they are amazing. If there is a problem with sound leaking through the headphones, it depends on how loud you're playing the game. For LoL, honestly I wouldn't mind because normally it's not loud for me. But that's only because I'm in a team call on Skype/CurseVoice. And by now you can tell I play league too ^^'

I have the Siberia V2, and although it's probably too late to reply, I do have to say they are amazing. If there is a problem with sound leaking through the headphones, it depends on how loud you're playing the game. For LoL, honestly I wouldn't mind because normally it's not loud for me. But that's only because I'm in a team call on Skype/CurseVoice. And by now you can tell I play league too ^^'

Tread from April is from April, gg my resurrection experience

next time you see a dead thread, please refrain from putting it inside this:

Stargate_sarcophagus.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089