Motherboard produces 2 beeps and does not boot with new gpu in place.

Hi. My motherboard - DB75EN produces 2 beeps with a new graphics card installed and freezes in the intel page at the starting with instructions to go to different menus of bios. But it never proceedes further. After some time(5 minutes , i think) it gives a blank screen with a flashing curson sort of thing at the top left. But with my old gpu installed it works fine. I checked the manual to see what does the beep code means and i found that it means a video error (When no VGA option ROM is found. , was written in the manual was the reason for the 2 beeps). Does it indicate that my new GPU which was a gtx 750 ti is defective?

Try boot w/o GPU and if it boots, GPU might be defective. Or then the motherboard PCI-E slot might also be broken

With my old gpu the GT 620 , the pc works normally.

which model of 750ti, exactly do you have? Does it require a 6pin power you haven't attached?

I have got the Palit GTX 750 Ti stormx dual 2 GB and no , it doesn't have a 6 pin power connector. By the way i have a 650 watt power supply with 87% efficiency.

Hi. My motherboard - DB75EN produces 2 beeps with a new graphics card installed and freezes in the intel page at the starting with instructions to go to different menus of bios. But it never proceedes further. After some time(5 minutes , i think) it gives a blank screen with a flashing curson sort of thing at the top left. But with my old gpu installed it works fine. I checked the manual to see what does the beep code means and i found that it means a video error (When no VGA option ROM is found. , was written in the manual was the reason for the 2 beeps). Does it indicate that my new GPU which was a gtx 750 ti is defective?

put another gpu and try again. Check if the pc has enough power and check the battery on the motherboard

put another gpu and try again. Check if the pc has enough power and check the battery on the motherboard

My old gpu works fine, And i have a 650 watt power supply. And the graphics card does not require any power connector.

Hmmm... Only thing i can think of then is reseat the card, reseat the ram, reset the bios and try again?

I'm looking for diagnosis codes but cant find any

I have tried to reset the Ram and gpu. And by bios reseating do you mean to update it? By the way here's the manual of the mobo http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20948/eng/db75en_TechProdSpec05.pdf . Beep codes are given on the page 75. I could not understand it though.

Found it, seems your GPU is no good...

attachicon.gifbeep.JPG

:) I will be sending the card to the service center. I was suspecting the card to be faulty but i wasn't sure. Thanks a lot , one rarely finds people working to solve other's problem on the new.

No not update it, reset it back to default, clear the CMOS, if your old one works but this doesn't it seems clear there is an issue with your 750Ti sorry to say.

I actually sent the card to the service center and they say that card is fine.Can it be a bios problem , i mean i read somewhere that by updating the bios the gpu may work fine on my pc?

I actually sent the card to the service center and they say that card is fine.Can it be a bios problem , i mean i read somewhere that by updating the bios the gpu may work fine on my pc?

I guess its possible, it certainly cant hurt to try right?