Niresh Mavericks and Windows 8.1 Dualboot?

Go to solution Solved by lani100,

Your Hdd should be set to ACHI but you already should have done that since you have a SSD.

And there should be an option that I forgot that should be set to 64 bit but i forgot what it was.

I think you can get some trouble with your graphicscard so use the built in one on your board (Dvi)

Hello everyone, 

I'm kinda new to the hackintosh stuff but i want to give OS X a try because i never used os x before. I have a desktop computer with components i guess that are compatible with OS X (Asus TUF Sabertooth Z87, Samnsung EVO 240GB, Seagate barracuda 2TB, Intel core I5-4670K, Crucial Ballistix 8gb, Msi GTX 770 Gaming Edition,....
I already have installed Windows 8.1 on my samsung evo 240GB and i want to try install OS X on my Seagate barracuda ( a second partition - 1TB- , first partition is for data for windows so can't completely delete volume) 
I've heard that Niresh is quite handy and i made a bootable usb drive but how do i continue now? Do i need to install the bootloader first (and Chameleon or Clover? )or after the installation of Niresh?
What i want to prevent is loss of data so i'm trying to be patient with it and gather as much information about it as possible and i'm hoping that somebody is whilling to help me with this. It would be a pity if it doesn't work but it's worth trying i guess. 

If you guys need more information feel free to ask!

Sorry for my english but i try to make the best out of it  ;) 

The problem is i don't have a Mac computer at my disposal

The problem is i don't have a Mac computer at my disposal

Then you will need to use niresh, Niresh includes the bootloader and kernel and stuff.

I would install it on a spare HDD or partition to test it and disconnect drives that you won't need.

Then you will need to use niresh, Niresh includes the bootloader and kernel and stuff.

I would install it on a spare HDD or partition to test it and disconnect drives that you won't need.

So i just have to use the created nirish usb?

And do i have to change anything in the bios? I will try it tonight.

Your Hdd should be set to ACHI but you already should have done that since you have a SSD.

And there should be an option that I forgot that should be set to 64 bit but i forgot what it was.

I think you can get some trouble with your graphicscard so use the built in one on your board (Dvi)

The problem is i don't have a dvi on my motherboard only hdmi and displayport :/

an other problem that occurs now is that i just cant boot from the usb: i burnt the iso file from niresh on my usb with isotousb but i just can't boot from it: secure boot is of, it shows up in my bios but when i select my usb it just starts windows eventually