LG G3 screenies show new Optimus UI, QHD res

Artorias

We just got hold of a few new screenshots taken directly from the LG G3. They not only show how the latest Optimus user interface is going to look like, but also confirm the phone indeed features a QHD resolution display (2560x1440 pixels).

These screenshots were provided to us by a credible industry source. Our source tells us that the title "You may want to take an umbrella since rain is expected during this afternoon" on the first screenshot is in fact a new feature, which combines the weather forecast with your habits to provide you with a personalized recommendations for your daily routine.

The overall look and feel of the latest Optimus UI (on top of Android 4.4 KitKat) is very clean and flat, a trend that a lot of manufacturers are embracing. Everything from the icons, launcher and notification drawer is less cluttered and looks very nice.

I like how their new UI look. This is a great overall improvement. It's like a mix of Sense UI and iOS. I hope this UI also comes to the LG G2 as I have one.

gsmarena_001.jpg gsmarena_002.jpg gsmarena_003.jpg gsmarena_004.jpg

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/exclusive_lg_g3_screens_show_new_optimus_ui_qhd_resolution-news-8343.php

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Sorry, guys. I forgot to put the links and the pic.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).

There we go! Pictures and source is now up!

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

I'm pretty stoked. Most likely, if it adheres to the rumors, it will be my next phone.
Unless Motorola is working on something stellar that I can customize at launch.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@One Who Craves Souls

Yeah pretty weird, especially that part about less heat.. Like, what?

They don't even mention how terrible the battery life on that phone will be lol 

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

It's just a phone.. all pointless high resolutions and too high prices.

when i bought my LG G2 it was reasonably priced, i expect the same on this, pretty sure when i got my G2 prices were £400, suppose could have done with £350 or something but hey, least it doesnt cost $256 and selling for $600 (i didnt buy it on launch btw),

@One Who Craves Souls

Yeah pretty weird, especially that part about less heat.. Like, what?

They don't even mention how terrible the battery life on that phone will be lol

I will tell you this. The LG G2's battery is the best 2nd only to the note 3. I know because I'm using one right now. It's hard to imagine LG will screw up this phones battery life even with that resolution.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

That UI does look pretty good though.

I have no idea why people are so obsessed with stock android.. These launchers are much more intuitive

@Artorias Ah, I did some more reading in the source and found that it has a 3000mAH battery. I think the battery is only 100mAH less than the Note 2. Interesting, actually. So the phone will probably indeed have a decent if not good battery life..

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I have no idea why people are so obsessed with stock android.. These launchers are much more intuitive

Because it's cleaner to look at and doesn't have bloatware. The stock OS on the LG G2 is full of unnecessary things that I've decided to put CM on it. However, I might change to this. If this OS will be available on my device in the future. Damn, this UI looks pretty.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

@Artorias Well you could fix that by rooting it, and with the new UI already being good, you can just root it to get rid of that bloatware and essentially it's perfect.

when i bought my LG G2 it was reasonably priced, i expect the same on this, pretty sure when i got my G2 prices were £400, suppose could have done with £350 or something but hey, least it doesnt cost $256 and selling for $600 (i didnt buy it on launch btw),

It's just a phone.. all pointless high resolutions and too high prices.

LG G2 was amazing value so maybe this will be too.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I hope so, my phone hype did really die last year because nothing changed what I cared about.

What I do care about is normal profit margins on smartphones so they are affordable.

Component wise the "Flag-Ship HIGH End Smartphones with Quad Cores nd Full HD displays" are overkill and overpriced.

Only if the manufacturers would focus on the user experience instead of super slim phones with ultra core and 16TB RAM and still lagg.

LG really did step up their game in the phone market within 2 years. I remember back in the days LG phones were almost unusable. But, after seeing my friend's LG G2, I wouldn't mind giving them another shot. 

I hope so, my phone hype did really die last year because nothing changed what I cared about.

What I do care about is normal profit margins on smartphones so they are affordable.

Component wise the "Flag-Ship HIGH End Smartphones with Quad Cores nd Full HD displays" are overkill and overpriced.

Only if the manufacturers would focus on the user experience instead of super slim phones with ultra core and 16TB RAM and still lagg.

OnePlus One will steal your heart at just $350 for the 64gb version. 

I Broke mine after a month :( and now im getting it replaced, not sure if i should wait for this

I Broke mine after a month :( and now im getting it replaced, not sure if i should wait for this

Don't break it? :D

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Don't break it? :D

build quality of g2 wasnt very good, it broke after my first drop

I'm wondering how 3D performance will be with these devices.  My Note II drains very quickly when playing games , especially the more complex 3d shooters or games of that nature. The strain of running 1440p must take some toll on the battery life, that or we get some serious upscaling.  I wonder how much that will affect the image on screen.  1440p is 4x720p so perhaps there won't be much?

but i want a UHD "phone"  :( (not a crappy QHD lol)

UHD is 3840x2160 (4K)

QHD is 2560x1440

@Artorias Ah, I did some more reading in the source and found that it has a 3000mAH battery. I think the battery is only 100mAH less than the Note 2. Interesting, actually. So the phone will probably indeed have a decent if not good battery life..

The only thing that drain its battery life like hell is playing 3D games, but it's the ARM manufacturer's fault :(. Almost all high end phones that uses Snap Dragon 800 has this issue (including the note 3)

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!