(Long Time Vegas User) Should I Switch to Adobe Premiere?

I have been using Sony Vegas for all of my video production work since 2011, and I would like to know if Premiere is worth the switch. Most of the popular YouTube channel editors use Adobe software for editing, and not Vegas. I've been wondering the reason for that for a while. I would like to get more serious about the editing I do.

What is the major advantage of Adobe Premiere over Vegas? Paying the extra to switch over is not an issue for me. I won't illegally obtain the product; I will be purchasing a legit/legal key. If it is worth the switch, how long should it take me to get used to Premiere?

Should I switch to Premiere?

-snip-

What kind of videos do you edit?

What is their length?

Do you shoot them yourself?

What file formats do you work with?

Does Sony Vegas fulfill your needs?

lots of gaming channels use vegas but tech people use premier 

i think it depends on what you need and want

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

What kind of videos do you edit?

What is their length?

Do you shoot them yourself?

What file formats do you work with?

Does Sony Vegas fulfill your needs?

1. Gaming commentaries.

2. The average length is under ten minutes.

3. I record the videos myself.

4. I export and import in .MP4, and audio is imported in .MP3.

5. Somewhat. I find that I have issues getting effects/transitions to work the way I want them too. Keyframes are a pain to work with as well, and I do use keyframes a lot in my edits.

1. Gaming commentaries.

2. The average length is under ten minutes.

3. I record the videos myself.

4. I export and import in .MP4, and audio is imported in .MP3.

5. Somewhat. I find that I have issues getting effects/transitions to work the way I want them too. Keyframes are a pain to work with as well, and I do use keyframes a lot in my edits.

According to your usage I will suggest you, to look at Vegas Plugins which will mostly solve your problems with the software and will not cost a King's Ransom needed to buy a full fledged software.

Going for an Adobe Premiere Pro is only worthwhile if you have to deal with multiple camera inputs and deal with RAW files on a daily basis.

According to your usage I will suggest you, to look at Vegas Plugins which will mostly solve your problems with the software and will not cost a King's Ransom needed to buy a full fledged software.

Going for an Adobe Premiere Pro is only worthwhile if you have to deal with multiple camera inputs and deal with RAW files on a daily basis.

Where is the best place to get Vegas plugins?

The benefit is the integration with the rest of Adobe's suite.

See if you can use both. It's always good to be well versed in multiple programs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Some websites offering a good set of Vegas Plugins at reasonable price:-

Vegasaur

Vasst

Know of any sites for free plugins. For vegas pro 12 or 13. I own both

Not that I'm a big video editor at all, but I do create some videos once in a while. I've used Vegas since forever, so I'm somewhat familiar with it. But I wanted to tryout Premiere aswell, didn't end up sticking with it, because of how familiar with Vegas I am. (It's mostly a matter of relearning hotkeys.)

My bet is that unless you're an avid user of other programs in the Adobe suite, like After Effects. Then you'll be fine. And like @Createinator suggested, it's maybe just a matter of getting some plugins to improve Vegas a bit :)