Thoughts on the S5?

Guady

might be getting it, just wanted to hear other people's opinions on it.

3937790.gif

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I have a galaxy s5 and it is pretty good. Camera on it is amazing and very detailed. The screen is very sharp and bright. The only thing is it's made of plastic (At least not the glossy plastic like before). I installed nova launcher in order to sort of get rid of touchwiz and its doing me wonders! 

Life.exe is missing

it depends what you have now and what you want from this phone?

if you want something simple and fluid this is not the phone. this is filled with so much gimiks and novelty stuff that doesnt even work. and hardware wise its not much of a upgrade from the S4.

but if you have something like a S3 then this is a good upgreade.

i would also recomend these phones

HTC one (M8)

xperia Z2

Nexus 5

oppo find 7(if you can handle the color OS or can install CM on it)

Seems like a good phone, although I wish it was cheaper in price.

COMIC SANS

Meh. Nearly the same specs as the 6 month old $200 less LG G2. Also, i think design wise it looks horrible comparing to the GS4.

sadly i can't get a find 7. only reason i'm thinking of getting a s5 is because i can get it for 400$ without a contract. doesn't seem that bad of a deal to me. 

I am quite enjoying my S5.  Never used a Samsung phone extensively before.  What I really like the phone for is:

-the display: amazing colours!  Every other screen looks like crap in comparison to it IMO.

-the camera: wicked fast auto focus (great for capturing pics when the cat is doing something cute)

-water resistance: very underrated feature.  Worry free use of the phone with wet hands and outside when raining (even used it in the shower once).

-feels good in the hand.

Samsung has appeared to have worked on TouchWiz quite a bit, it is a lot better to use this time around.  Battery life and performance is also darn good, as expected from a flagship. 

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I am quite enjoying my S5.  Never used a Samsung phone extensively before.  What I really like the phone for is:

-the display: amazing colours!  Every other screen looks like crap in comparison to it IMO.

-the camera: wicked fast auto focus (great for capturing pics when the cat is doing something cute)

-water resistance: very underrated feature.  Worry free use of the phone with wet hands and outside when raining (even used it in the shower once).

-feels good in the hand.

Samsung has appeared to have worked on TouchWiz quite a bit, it is a lot better to use this time around.  Battery life and performance is also darn good, as expected from a flagship. 

you sir have some pretty big bawls to be taking that thing into the shower. yeah i know it's rated for it but still i'd be so paranoid haha. 

you sir have some pretty big bawls to be taking that thing into the shower. yeah i know it's rated for it but still i'd be so paranoid haha. 

I was pretty worried haha.  Thought I'd give it a shot because I have the device insurance plan with my carrier. I am still paranoid touching it with wet hands or using in the rain.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

GS5 is good but i really don't like touchwiz, so i would install a custom ROM but that's just my opinion.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

Meh, but I would kill for a google edition version

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

As someone who has had an iPhone for the last 4 years and has never been a fan of Samsung or their products, the GS5 is actually a really nice device. I like the direction that the build quality is heading and the feature set makes it a solid option (albeit some of the features are a little gimmicky). I find that size wise, it fits well in my medium sized hands and the sleep button and volume rocker and well placed. My only major gripe with it is the operating system. Google Play Edition needs to come soon.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

At this point I sugesst you wait for the iPhone 6, you will want a bigger screen than what the 5s has.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I suggest the M8.

Samsung puts so much gimmicky bloat/software on their phones you will be wishing for the grandma who installs every toolbar under the sun.

i used GS3 for about two years it was a great phone, but i just upgraded to GS5 and i love it. best thing is i now can go two days on one charge that's cool.