[PSA] Heads up to anyone with Sprint planning to grab an HTC One M8

Ethanololol

My dad recently upgraded his phone from an S3 to the M8. Sprint's network is VERY flaky with the M8 (and the S5 it would seem) right now. Apparently it has something to do with Sprint's new Spark network, I don't know if this is only happening in a few locations, or everywhere though. The phone is dropping nearly all calls, texts are not being received/sent, and there is little if any, data being transferred.

Sprint seems to be aware of the issue at least, so hopefully a fix will be implemented soon.

Nice to hear. Too bad I live in the UK and I don't get downtime issues. Is it just with those handsets? or anyone with a contract with them?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Weird. the S4 and the note 3 in my family are working perfectly on the sprint network. 

I have the last gen HTC One. It works flawlessly. Just seems to be with the new One M8 and the Galaxy S5

There was an update today for the S5 that seems to have fixed some of all of the connection issues for many people. A similar update for the m8 should be soon as well, I would think.

That being said, it's sad that Sprint can't figure that stuff out before they release these devices to customers. I just had to leave them for tmobile as the 4g rollout in my area broke any kind of voice or data connection on the LG optimus g that was on one of my lines. No one was able to fix it and no one was able to tell me when or if it would be fixed, so we left.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC