Looking for a cheap, reliable SSD

dbcooper

Hi guys, im looking for a cheap and reliable 128Gb SSD for my new build. What would you recomend me?

Sold my build..

Hi guys, im looking for a cheap and reliable 128Gb SSD for my new build. What would you recomend me?

I would say 840 EVO

Just saw this in a deal topic get a 256gig for the price of a 128 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3W1726/?tag=linustechtips

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Crucial M500 is a good choice

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

840 evo or the PNY 120gb if you really on a budget (look on pcpartpicker 4 it)

Diamond 5 in League :)

120gb 840 EVO is like $80. Very reliable and very fast.

Intel 530 series comes in 120gb, it's very reliable, not nearly as fast as the EVO though.

I would say 840 EVO

Just saw this in a deal topic get a 256gig for the price of a 128 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3W1726/?tag=linustechtips

http://www.amazon.co...PFD0BP5CKQVYT5K

good price for what it is

I was thinking on something like the Crucial M500 (u$s 75) or PNY XLR8 (u$s 60) are these good ssds? Im not looking for the maximum performance..

Sold my build..

THAT'S NOT A DEAL IT'S REGULAR PRICE ._.

Yeah I was just looking at that...I had not looked at them in a long time...

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

THAT'S NOT A DEAL IT'S REGULAR PRICE ._.

It's 139 instead of 250.....

I was thinking on something like the Crucial M500 (u$s 75) or PNY XLR8 (u$s 60) are these good ssds? Im not looking for the maximum performance..

If you're okay with them not being the fastest out they will be just fine :)

M500 is good, I would not recommend the PNY, their products aren't the best and that drive is kinda dated IMO.

I have had a Crucial M4 in my laptop for about 2.5 years and never had any problems... I guess the M500 will be something alike

Sold my build..

in my point of view either a Samsung or AData SSD. I always had positive experiences with both. I've got a few SSDs here that i don't need any more, PM me if interested. I was running an OS from it for about 3 months in a RAID1 config until i got more accustomed to FreeNAS and NAS4Free which are preferably installed on USB Sticks LOL. Got no use for them anymore so I want to sell them, but i lost the sales check, no warranty on them though

My builds:

'Baldur' - Data Server - Build Log

'Hlin' - UTM Gateway Server - Build Log

in my point of view either a Samsung or AData SSD. I always had positive experiences with both. I've got a few SSDs here that i don't need any more, PM me if interested

Yeah.. The thing is that i live in argentina hahaha, thanks anyway

Sold my build..

airmail's cheaper than you think ;) gimme a sec, checking the prices and editing my post after that

SANDisk 128GB roughly 80 € Retail, 15€ for sending a small package, selling it for 70 Dollars + 20 Dollars for sending it.

Never had a problem with it, in case you have a problem, you get my email, post me and i will send a replacement

My builds:

'Baldur' - Data Server - Build Log

'Hlin' - UTM Gateway Server - Build Log

airmail's cheaper than you think ;) gimme a sec, checking the prices and editing my post after that

SANDisk 128GB roughly 80 € Retail, 15€ for sending a small package, selling it for 70 Dollars + 20 Dollars for sending it.

Never had a problem with it, in case you have a problem, you get my email, post me and i will send a replacement

Actualy, i might be flying to U.S. next month.. Maybe we could arrange for you to ship it to my hotel. I will PM you if i travel

Sold my build..