Slow Boot Time on 840 Evo

one last thing: can you tell me how long it takes till the American Megatrends screen vanishes and then how long it takes for everything that happens after that until booting finished?

I'm not ready to give up on this just yet

Sorry for the late reply, I had to get some sleep. Here are times;

American Megatrends - 0 secs to 5 secs

Starting Windows - 5 secs to 35 secs

Welcome Screen - 35 secs to 40 secs

okay that's not a BIOS problem in that case. Don't mind me then, it's a Windows problem. But we could narrow in the problem, which is helpful. I'm no Windows pro though, other people will be able to help better than i can

My builds:

'Baldur' - Data Server - Build Log

'Hlin' - UTM Gateway Server - Build Log

okay that's not a BIOS problem in that case. Don't mind me then, it's a Windows problem. But we could narrow in the problem, which is helpful. I'm no Windows pro though, other people will be able to help better than i can

Ahh okay, so it's definitely Windows. I keep thinking to myself what I would have changed after the first 4 boots to cause the change in boot time, and I cannot see why it would have done it. When I was setting up the PC, I only had 3 SATA cables and had 4 devices, SSD, HDD, HDD and Optical Drive, meaning when I would have installed Windows for the first time I would have only had the SSD and Optical Drive plugged in. Then I would have needed to plug in my two HDD drives so I could firstly format the larger drive and then copy all the data I needed off the smaller drive onto the larger one, and then start to install programs onto the larger drive. What I'm thinking is the first 4 boots would have only had an SSD installed as well as an optical drive and then I would have took out the optical drive and plugged in the two HDDs, leading me to think that the installation of the HDDs and installing programs to them may have affected something. Maybe Windows started to save files partially on the SSD even though I would have told them to save to the HDD, creating a link between them and slowing read times because of the slowness of the HDD. Or maybe some off the boot files have been automatically stored onto the HDD causing it to slow down; before the SSD I used to have the smaller HDD as a backup drive and it stored some boot files to it automatically because when I formatted it the PC refused to boot without me going into BIOS and selecting what drive to boot from. I'm really unsure of what the problem is but if I had to have an educated guess, due to the timing of when it started to become slow I would say it has something to do with the installation of the HDDs.

However as a side note, I have tried unplugging all SATA devices excluding the SSD and the boot time was still slow, so I'm not too sure if that completely cancels out the idea of the HDD drives affecting the boot time 

Why are you laughing? Troubleshooting your own problems is serious business! :P

(Sorry, inside joke. I couldn't resist! I don't get such perfect opportunities often.)

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Why are you laughing? Troubleshooting your own problems is serious business! :P

(Sorry, inside joke. I couldn't resist! I don't get such perfect opportunities often.)

Haha, I'd jump at the opportunity too  :P

I don't suppose you know of any reason to why my boot time is so low?

Haha, I'd jump at the opportunity too  :P

I don't suppose you know of any reason to why my boot time is so low?

Nope, I have no ideas that I can think of. Sorry. :/

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Nope, I have no ideas that I can think of. Sorry. :/

No problem, I don't think anyone will be able to fix it

Is AHCI mode enabled in the bios, and not ide?

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Is AHCI mode enabled in the bios, and not ide?

It is now, when I went into BIOS it was on IDE so I changed the Regedit thing to 0 and also changed it in the BIOS as well as installing the newest AHCI driver