Sennheiser 558 comfortable with one ear open?

Trail Mixorz

Sometimes when I have my headphones on, I'll have my right ear cup off a little bit to the back of my head just so I can hear whats going on in my house. I know my Turtle Beach x11s (I know, you can laugh) are comfy still when I wear them like this, but are the 558s? Sorry for the weird question lol

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

i use my HD518's like that sometimes and thier comfortable so i would imagine the HD558's are as well

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

They can be worn on one ear just fine though if you have a smaller head it might be ungainly.

being open, you may not need to take an ear cup off to hear what's around you. but you may need to turn the volume down.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Sí. I do it quite often, I usually have to accommodate my slightly long hair around my ear while wearing them.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I do it quite often with my HD558s, and I can do it for prolonged periods of time without getting sore.

So that's a yes from me!

#!

done it everyday with my dt880, comfort wise may not be on par on the senn..

with the same reason as u

what weird is when i wearing it with or without any audio playing, my hearing seems to hear even farther(outside my house)....