Summer is coming, are you ready for the humid attack?

KarsonC

It seems many people complains about the hardware failure because of the rainy season, causing some short circuit thing in the PC.

Have you ready for keeping the house dry ( If your living place is in a high humidity region)? Or you just scare the nightmares of the computer not booting or keep going errors loop?

What part of your computer and other hardware you worry the most?

MY SETUP
CPU: Intel i7-4771 , RAM: Team Xtreem DDR3 1600MHz 8GB x 4 , MB: Intel DZ87KLT-75K , GPU:Asus OC GTX760, SSD: Plextor M5P 256GB , HDD: 1TB WD Black , PSU: Antec HCG520M

It's like 60% humidity where I live nearly every day and I leave my PC on literally 24/7 with the window open when it's pouring down rain

Havent had problems yet :D

(it's 90% humidity here right now as I type this)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I dont want... Any of my PC to break.

However my velociraptor is beginning to fail :\

I live in 50% + daily, most of which are close or at 100%... And I've never had an issue.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Just came out of a hot dry summer . Gotta love Southern parts of down under

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

It's becoming winter over here in eastern Australia :D 

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

It's becoming winter over here in eastern Australia :D

:lol: Then should be your "Summer" if people living in the South Half

MY SETUP
CPU: Intel i7-4771 , RAM: Team Xtreem DDR3 1600MHz 8GB x 4 , MB: Intel DZ87KLT-75K , GPU:Asus OC GTX760, SSD: Plextor M5P 256GB , HDD: 1TB WD Black , PSU: Antec HCG520M

It's like 60% humidity where I live nearly every day and I leave my PC on literally 24/7 with the window open when it's pouring down rain

Havent had problems yet :D

(it's 90% humidity here right now as I type this)

90%??? :o you must have freaking floods in ur house or something lol

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

90%??? :o you must have freaking floods in ur house or something lol

the avg is 75% for where I live lol :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

live in Malaysia, all days summers 

Edit: rainy season would cause higher rate of component failure? 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Ha, consistent 90% humidity where I live.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

its normally about 80% year round where I live (11 C on average) 

its 92% today

but I have never had an issue with it causing computer issues

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

the avg is 75% for where I live lol :D

the what is how much percent now??? :o

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

the what is how much percent now??? :o

It's 90% right now, it's been raining for like a week straight haha

live in Malaysia, all days summers 

Edit: rainy season would cause higher rate of component failure? 

Some people claims that they will have boot failure and power failure for a short while

MY SETUP

My room has north pole temperatures already so i am ready baby :D

In the summer I move my laptop out of my office (which is not air conditioned) and move it into my bedroom where air conditioning is present.

If you have an air conditioner it should be fine since it will remove the humidity. Think about all of the condensate coming out of your AC. 

I believe the 90% in oregon, the pacific north west is cool and humid most of the time, here in the SE USA we are hot and humid lol. Early mornings are always 100% in the spring and summer, and a typical day in the summer we will be some where around 60% or even higher. right now it is 50%. Typically in the summer our air temps will be in the upper 80's to mid 90's with dewpoints in the low to mid 70's and occasionally as high as the low 80's, when it gets to upper 70's and low 80 dewpoints you feel like you are going to drown with every breath you take outside, the air is just so heavy with moisture. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I've never really noticed any real humidity around here (except for a week last year where i could've sworn that i was in the bolivian jungle...)

When it's hot it's a dry heat. When there is any form of moisture in the air it's absolutely pissing with rain.

But if any component of my pc was to go pop because of humidity i would hope that it's not the cpu.. i7s are expensive :/

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I live in the middle of a desert so rain and humidity are a rarity here.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

If my CPU were to die, there would be no survivors within a 2 mile radius. That said I haven't had any issues in the past. The one thing that is likely to fry is my GPU, my GTX 580 currently has a 20% overclock on it and I don't think humidity plays well with high temperatures. That and my GPU has never liked being warm, even at stock clocks it loses every scrap of stability it has above 65C. The brat literally throws a fit because it's too warm. 

13352955356552.jpg

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

In the summer I move my laptop out of my office (which is not air conditioned) and move it into my bedroom where air conditioning is present.

If you have an air conditioner it should be fine since it will remove the humidity. Think about all of the condensate coming out of your AC. 

Who decided you got your own office?

EDIT: I don't have an office!

Who decided you got your own office?

EDIT: I don't have an office!

It's an office shared by my bro, me, and my dad, and my bro uses his desk the least and he has a 1080p monitor.

Make sure that whenever you turn your AC on for the summer the condensate pipe is clear so that you don't flood your unit and start a fire. If it is humid you will see a stream of water on it's way down the condensate line. I recommend you kill two birds with one stone and run the condensate line into a yard or something. (yes I am a bit of an HVAC techie)

I wonder what would happen if you ran an air duct from your AC into your PC.