H100i Noctua fan users, pls answer!

I need some help. For almost 2 years now, I've been using my corsair h100i, with the stock fans on quiet mode. There is always a pretty loud humming sound coming from either the pump or the fans. It is ALOT louder than anything else in my computer and I can confirm it's the h100i or at least some part of it. I've done my research on forums, but nothing helps. I tried updating the firmware from 1.0.3 to 1.0.7 but that didn't help.

So what I'm asking here is the following:

If YOU have changed your stock fans to noctua fans, does the humming sound go away? If not, have you found another way? Please, only answer this if you have a 100% sure answer, I don't care for discussing this, I just want someone who understands this better to explain it to me, hope that's not too rude : D

-peace

I own a h80 and swapping to a Noctua noticeably reduced the noise I heard from the system, but a consistent humming sound still persists. Of course, this is only noticeable when it is super quiet. 

Use the low-voltage adapters on NF-F12's and you pretty much won't hear a thing when your case is closed.

I need some help. For almost 2 years now, I've been using my corsair h100i, with the stock fans on quiet mode. There is always a pretty loud humming sound coming from either the pump or the fans. It is ALOT louder than anything else in my computer and I can confirm it's the h100i or at least some part of it. I've done my research on forums, but nothing helps. I tried updating the firmware from 1.0.3 to 1.0.7 but that didn't help.

So what I'm asking here is the following:

If YOU have changed your stock fans to noctua fans, does the humming sound go away? If not, have you found another way? Please, only answer this if you have a 100% sure answer, I don't care for discussing this, I just want someone who understands this better to explain it to me, hope that's not too rude : D

-peace

maybe try to put your fingers on the top of the fans too see if it stops for a second then you know if its the pump not the fans

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

AIO water coolers are never silent.

I have a h100i with Fractal fans and that thins is quiet.

AIO water coolers are never silent.

Anything put passive cooling is never silent.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

I have a H100i with Nocuta NF-F12s which I run fixed a about 1100rpm through my mainboard and the only thing I can hear is a little bit of air noise. Right now I use them in push as a top exhaused, but I have noticed a humming noise when they are mounted in pull.

This might be due to the fan blades spinning very close to the fins of the rad creating turbulance. Also the pump unit makes some noise but it's only noticable if I stick my head into the case.

Intel Core i7 3770K delidded @ 4,5Ghz | Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12s | EVGA Geforce GTX 770 2GB @ 1,2Ghz | MSI Big Bang MPower Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 | Windows 10 Professional 64 bit | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB Samsung | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Seasonic X Series 850WLogitech MX Master | Corsair MM400 | Corsair Vengeance K70 | beyerdynamic MMX 300 Manufaktur | Asus PB278Q 27" 1440p | Corsair Obsidian 550D

In my experience with my H100i, it's the fans that are the loud part of the setup. Since I switched those out, it has been quieter than ever.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

Probably comes from the pump. What you should get is a sata female to molex male and put here a resistor and then hook it up to a molex.

I got two of those resistors (http://cdn.overclock.net/e/e1/e12e487e_9.jpeg) although I don't use them anymore.

Noctua fans are pretty much silent but I wouldn't hook them up to the pump, it should be on the motherboard because the pump controls the fans based on the water temp and not on the cpu temp where as motherboards bases it off the cpu temp.

Allright, some good advice finally. Thank you people.