Apple Earpods Replacement

Jambaman10

I have used Apple Earpods for about a year now and I like how they sound but I am getting bored of them. I want to buy something that is as good or better than the Earpods but with more bass response. I never bought any audio equipment, I only use the Earpods on my laptop and iPhone. Can someone please recommend anything ,headphones preferably, for around 100-150$? I will keep using my Earpodes outside, and so I want headphones when I am at home.

Thanks in advance!

I think if you talked about what genre of music and stuff you usually listen to, people may be able to recommend one that is more specific to your use.

So headphones?

ATH-M50 or HD558

Those are studio, he wants more bass.

I think if you talked about what genre of music and stuff you usually listen to, people may be able to recommend one that is more specific to your use.

I listen to allot of dubstep

The M50s have a lot of bass though.

It's all opinion, maybe he can just use a $50 headphone and use the equalizer to help with the sound tuning. 

what about Sony MDR-XB500's?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Recommendations do not need to be too specific. I can check out multiple recommendations and choose for my self. I just don't don't know much about the headphone lines.

just to add in, i have the mdr xb500's myself and i can tell you that they are pretty bass heavy

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Koss PortaPros (a lot more comfy than they look)

Philips CityScape Uptown or Downtown (because why bother continuing to use the Ear pods?)

Lindy HF-100 (Basically a Fischer FA-003 OEM rebrand - I just assume this is the version that'd be more available in your region but don't know for sure)

Pioneer SE-A1000 (if under $100)

Sennheiser HD439

I would NOT recommend M50's.

Those are studio, he wants more bass.

post-2468-0-73954700-1396547659.gif

Which one is more important, good clarity, frequency separation + wide soundstage, or good punchy bass?

For the first, go for open backed headphone. For the second, go for close backed headphone. To have both, you gotta shell out more money though :)

Sennheiser HD439

I think I'll go with those. But, why were they discontinued? Is there something wrong with it?

I think I'll go with those. But, why were they discontinued? Is there something wrong with it?

They were discontinued?

There's nothing wrong with them in my experience. In fact, they're the only ones of the 400 series that have a detachable cable.

JVC HA-FX101 earbuds have really good bass

snippy

You like that gif don't you.

And what do you say to the DT 770.

You like that gif don't you.

And what do you say to the DT 770.

Yes.

Haven't tried them myself, but I hear good things about it. Beyerdynamic headphones are too sibilant for me, so I'll likely never bother trying 770's.