Problems installing the Hyper Evo 212.

Steeler1994

I am having extreme troubles installing the Hyper Evo 212. When i try to start the x-bracket screws, the other side is too high up. My motherboard is Asus asus m5a97 r2.0. It feels like i need extreme amount of force to install this thing. Thanks!

I am having extreme troubles installing the Hyper Evo 212. When i try to start the x-bracket screws, the other side is too high up. My motherboard is Asus asus m5a97 r2.0. It feels like i need extreme amount of force to install this thing. Thanks!

make sure you are using the amd mount not the intel one

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

You screw it in in a cross pattern. So top right, bottom left, bottom right, top left.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Your problem is that it's not a real cooler.

Make sure you use the Intel mounting hardware and aren't tightening one side too much.

Why would he use the intel mounting hardware on an AMD board?

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Your problem is that it's not a real cooler.

Make sure you use the Intel mounting hardware and aren't tightening one side too much.

its an am3+ board 

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

I am using the AMD standoffs. I know you screw it in a cross pattern. Its when is start one screw, the other side is too high off the standoff.

Amd boards have a backplate already so don't mount anything to the back of your motherboard.

Amd boards have a backplate already so don't mount anything to the back of your motherboard.

I'm using the backplate that came with the cooler. 

You don't need longer bolts or anything like that, the mount just takes a lot of force. Screw one corner in, then use your screwdriver to force down the other side while screwing it in. It's a lot harder on AMD sockets as they come further off the board than intel sockets.

TL:DR push harder

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

My friend had a similar problem and we found out it does need a shite tonne of force!

But please be careful and don't do anything stupid!

Thing

When I was installing mine (Intel board, not AMD), I had the same issue. I just had to put in a bit more force, as others have said though, take your time and make sure your not bending the MOBO

Lift Large and Prosper!

i had the same problem when i installed mine for the first time , you have to put a decent amount of pressure on it lol , i did all 4 corners about 2 turns then did opposite corners , mine is on fine now :D

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9