Apple's 2014 Renewable Energy Initiatives (Updated with more Pics)

before we sink in to this pit, you should all stop here and clearly differentiate between global warming and global climate change. 

Denying climate change is outright laughable. 

It's funny how they seem like different things but the same people involved in Climate change were involved in the Global Warming lie. Funny how that works isn't it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Who cares? If I am to be an optimist and believe that Apple has actually done all these things, they are one corporation out of many. To the rest, renewable energy is a joke. All forms of it are undeveloped, underfunded, uninteresting, somewhat marketable, and unprofitable. Just because Apple's avoided using unrenewable resources in its facilities and assembly lines, it's not like they produce any of the parts. Other companies make their screens, Samsung makes their A-series SoCs, other companies provide their secondary processors, they buy their CPUs from Intel, other companies make the Mac Pro shells, etc. They have no control over the manufacture of their products.

That's not to say that I don't care about the environment. I've learned way too much to have a positive outlook on humanity's future, much less the future of our quickly vanishing fellow species that inhabit this planet, such as polar bears, tigers, elephants and pandas to name a few. The planet will survive and move on, but I can't say the same for ourselves and the animals that we barely manage to coexist with yet are so integral to the health of the ecosystems of the world.

The most meaningful thing that I have heard from any major semiconductor/electronics manufacturer in recent days is Intel's move towards conflict-free minerals. Of course, it's not all fun and games and perfect as it sounds, but it's a step towards the right direction. It's something that's a challenge for Intel but yet reasonably achievable. Not being an Intel fanboy here, but if there's something every company or conglomerate should learn, it's that once you make a promise, you have to deliver upon it.

lol my work computer cant open the link. my work computer has trouble with DNS. but what ever it is, remember that Iceland volcano? from the time it began spewing ash, smoke, and what every else, in the first 48-72 hours it completely nullified any effort the entire human race made to combat global warming from the past 5 years. all I got to say is. if you think your prius is saving the planet. this planet has a mind of its own and its survived much longer and worse things than humans.

Of course it nullified all the effort we made because we didn't do much about anything yet.

The natural increase in Earth's overall temperature is an occurrence that seems to happen normally throughout Earth's history. The idea of Global Warming is just that we as humans have accelerated the natural climate change Earth under-goes.

Yes it does occur naturally and according to that natural curve we had until now it changed drastically in the years that humans started to burn fuels. So... It's also not only an idea, it's like saying that evolution is just a theory.

And how do you convert that energy stored in hydrogen into usable energy. You have to rune a current through it. That costs energy know doesn't it. It costs more to produce the equipment to create an efficient hydrogen power cell let alone one that can run a car. Which is why most of the cars use a hybrid system. Linus did a video on the hydrogen power cell pack. It was expensive and didn't work very well. Car hydrogen cells run differently though. Actually buying hydrogen is about the same as buying diesel for a car but to turn that hydrogen into motion takes much more money and it probably causes more damage to the environment creating a hydrogen power cell then making and running a diesel car for 10 years. The amount of rare metals an chemicals used in making a hydrogen cell is phenomenal. The emission might be just water vapour but to make an efficient power cell uses up a lot of rare metals. Platinum is one of them there are others some most likely highly toxic. It's not like batteries are safe or anything.

hydro power is the power from water spinning turbines lol...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I haven't done much researches on these things, but one thing I'm sure is that greenhouse gases like CO2 and SO2 absorbs a lot of heat. It's because of these greenhouse gases that the night isn't cold. So naturally when these gases increase in our atmosphere, the world gets hotter. 

The night is cold. And when it isn't have you ever touched the ground after a nice warm day. Yes the ground is warm and air is not. The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has not increased that much though. And even if it did CO2 doesn't take up much of the atmosphere around us. There are far bigger Green House effect (I hate that term) gasses. Methane is the biggest contributor to the green house effect theory. Which most of which is created by fish. Turns out the fish are trying to kill us all and they will grow legs and take over the world. There was a film like that I saw once. Oh yes it's called Gyo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyo

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

And how do you convert that energy stored in hydrogen into usable energy. You have to rune a current through it. That costs energy know doesn't it. It costs more to produce the equipment to create an efficient hydrogen power cell let alone one that can run a car. Which is why most of the cars use a hybrid system. Linus did a video on the hydrogen power cell pack. It was expensive and didn't work very well. Car hydrogen cells run differently though. Actually buying hydrogen is about the same as buying diesel for a car but to turn that hydrogen into motion takes much more money and it probably causes more damage to the environment creating a hydrogen power cell then making and running a diesel car for 10 years. The amount of rare metals an chemicals used in making a hydrogen cell is phenomenal. The emission might be just water vapour but to make an efficient power cell uses up a lot of rare metals. Platinum is one of them there are others some most likely highly toxic. It's not like batteries are safe or anything.

HYDRO ENERGY IS ENERGY GENERATED FROM WATER. You convert the energy of the river into mechanical energy using turbines and then later into electrical energy using generators

here is a report I read from a NASA scientist. 

Former NASA Scientist: Global Warming Is 'Nonsense'

A prominent scientist and former NASA researcher has added his voice to those who challenge the "scientific fact" that manmade carbon emissions are causing global warming.

Dr. Leslie Woodcock is a professor emeritus of chemical thermodynamics at the University of Manchester in England, with a Ph.D. from the University of London, and served as a senior research consultant at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Laboratory in Ohio.

In an interview with Britain's Yorkshire Evening Post, Woodcock declared: "The theory of 'manmade climate change' is an unsubstantiated hypothesis.

Manmade Global Warming is the worse scam ever perpetrated on our entire planet and has made millions upon millions for the scammers, which, in most cases, were already filthy rich, greedy bastards ...

"The theory is that CO2 emitted by burning fossil fuel causes 'global warming.' In fact, water is a much more powerful greenhouse gas and there is 20 times more of it in our atmosphere [than carbon dioxide].

"Carbon dioxide has been made out to be some kind of toxic gas but the truth is it's the gas of life. We breathe it out, plants breathe it in. The green lobby has created a do-good industry and it becomes a way of life, like a religion. I understand why people defend it when they have spent so long believing in it."

Woodcock is also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, a founding editor of the journal Molecular Simulation, a recipient of a Max Planck Society Visiting Fellowship, and a former guest scientist at the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology.

He went on to say: "If you talk to real scientists who have no political interest, they will tell you there is nothing in global warming. It's an industry which creates vast amounts of money for some people. (mostly, making greedy rich people, more rich and far more greedy...)

"The temperature of the earth has been going up and down for millions of years. If there are extremes, it's nothing to do with carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, it's not permanent and it's not caused by us. Global warming is nonsense.

"It's become almost an industry, as a consequence of this professional misconduct by government advisers around the world."

But he added: "You can't blame ordinary people with little or no science education for wanting to be seen to be good citizens who care about their grandchildren's future and the environment." What a load of crap. Educate yourselves .. your grandchildren have no future, thanks to your political choices and the earth can take care of itself (has done for 4.7 billion years) ...

I am at work so I have to go take inventory of some doors. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

A prominent scientist and former NASA researcher has added his voice to those who challenge the "scientific fact" that manmade carbon emissions are causing global warming.

Dr. Leslie Woodcock is a professor emeritus of chemical thermodynamics at the University of Manchester in England, with a Ph.D. from the University of London, and served as a senior research consultant at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Laboratory in Ohio.

In an interview with Britain's Yorkshire Evening Post, Woodcock declared: "The theory of 'manmade climate change' is an unsubstantiated hypothesis.

Manmade Global Warming is the worse scam ever perpetrated on our entire planet and has made millions upon millions for the scammers, which, in most cases, were already filthy rich, greedy bastards ...

"The theory is that CO2 emitted by burning fossil fuel causes 'global warming.' In fact, water is a much more powerful greenhouse gas and there is 20 times more of it in our atmosphere [than carbon dioxide].

"Carbon dioxide has been made out to be some kind of toxic gas but the truth is it's the gas of life. We breathe it out, plants breathe it in. The green lobby has created a do-good industry and it becomes a way of life, like a religion. I understand why people defend it when they have spent so long believing in it."

Woodcock is also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, a founding editor of the journal Molecular Simulation, a recipient of a Max Planck Society Visiting Fellowship, and a former guest scientist at the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology.

He went on to say: "If you talk to real scientists who have no political interest, they will tell you there is nothing in global warming. It's an industry which creates vast amounts of money for some people. (mostly, making greedy rich people, more rich and far more greedy...)

"The temperature of the earth has been going up and down for millions of years. If there are extremes, it's nothing to do with carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, it's not permanent and it's not caused by us. Global warming is nonsense.

"It's become almost an industry, as a consequence of this professional misconduct by government advisers around the world."

But he added: "You can't blame ordinary people with little or no science education for wanting to be seen to be good citizens who care about their grandchildren's future and the environment." What a load of crap. Educate yourselves .. your grandchildren have no future, thanks to your political choices and the earth can take care of itself (has done for 4.7 billion years) ...

That's all stuff that everyone knows, an interview with him is different from a report. He's dumbed down everything he's found to the absolute basics; I really wonder who still believes that CO2 is the deadliest greenhouse gas.

I am at work so I have to go take inventory of some doors. 

And he didn't actually put out any evidence, it's just an opinion.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

To say global warming is fake is pure BS.
It's a fact that global warming can happen if you produce to much Co2.(Which we do because we can measure the Co2 amount in the air)
Everybody can do that experiment at home...
Simple greenhouse effect.
Global warming is nothing more than the greenhouse effect on large scale.

RTX2070OC 

I don't know what the OP originally meant, but hydro is WATER. You convert the energy of the river into mechanical energy and then later into electrical energy

You need to store that energy to use it. Storing energy takes energy and to create the storage device also takes energy. Oil and coal is a platform for storing energy one that we don't need to do anything to to use it. We make it more efficient by turning it into different grades of fuel like diesel or jet fuel. So we don't use high return fuel on a sh*tty car but on a jet plane where it matters. You could potentially make an efficient way of using water energy but that would be using the old fashioned windmills and cottage river turbines. We are not there yet and we won't be for a long time. It took use a while to get oil, nuclear and other forms of energy to an efficient usable energy source and it will take just as long to get solar, wind and water to where they need to be. The only possible way of creating a reliable usable fuel source is nuclear fusion which they only just managed to get a return on converting an energy source. And it wasn't a lot I can tell you that. That is the only viable option, trust me. Oh and Cold fusion to that will be interesting to see where that goes.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

To say global warming is a scam is pure BS.

It's a fact that global warming can happen if you produce to much Co2.(Which we do because we can measure the Co2 amount in the air)

Everybody can do that experiment at home...

Simple greenhouse effect.

There is also no gain in it. it's all loss, so what can you scam with it.

Spoiler

You need to store that energy to use it. Storing energy takes energy and to create the storage device also takes energy. Oil and coal is a platform for storing energy one that we don't need to do anything to to use it. We make it more efficient by turning it into different grades of fuel like diesel or jet fuel. So we don't use high return fuel on a sh*tty car but on a jet plane where it matters. You could potentially make an efficient way of using water energy but that would be using the old fashioned windmills and cottage river turbines. We are not there yet and we won't be for a long time. It took use a while to get oil, nuclear and other forms of energy to an efficient usable energy source and it will take just as long to get solar, wind and water to where they need to be. The only possible way of creating a reliable usable fuel source is nuclear fusion which they only just managed to get a return on converting an energy source. And it wasn't a lot I can tell you that. That is the only viable option, trust me. Oh and Cold fusion to that will be interesting to see where that goes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumped-storage_hydroelectricity Sorted too. You really don't know much before you start talking about things.

also cold fusion is impossible even at theoretical level so I don't know what kind of things you read.

Spoiler

HYDRO ENERGY IS ENERGY GENERATED FROM WATER. You convert the energy of the river into mechanical energy using turbines and then later into electrical energy using generators

I was going to point that out. My only pet peeve is that there's far too many highly populated places on earth where hydro turbines just aren't an option. Geothermal solutions seem more viable imho

-------

Current Rig

-------

Renewable Energy isn't free energy and nobody says that.

It just transforms energy that is around us in to electricity.

So it's basically unlimited energy(in humans eyes not literally).

Their are 4 huge windmills in front of my town and 1 isn't even spinning most of the time because it produces more energy than we can use.

It may not be unlimited but it's more energy than humanity can use.

Also this is normal for Apple.

They always tried to be green they have a hole section for that under every product on their page.

Steve Jobs was quiet a hippy so it's obvious that the company reflects that.

Are you sure that the wind turbine isn't moving because it's broken and they don't have the money to repair it. It could be that. No just kidding. But seriously though do you even realise how much it costs to make, maintain and erect (funny haha) a wind turbine. But a nuclear power station costs a whole lot less power to performance wise then a wind far does. It's like buying a GTX 240 (if such a card exists) and getting 4 of them in SLI (which they don't) and comparing it's performance to a single Titan supercomputer that is ultra efficient ( I am still talking about nuclear energy here) they are leagues apart. back in school I was doing some calculations or something and it would take the largest wind turbine a week (if it was windy all week) to make a enough energy of what 1 gram of uranium-235 in single hour. And you would also be surprised of which costs more to run. The nuclear power station costs just over £1 billion in construction and running costs for it's expected lifetime, fuel for stations is cheap as chips. The biggest wind turbine farm costs £1.2 billion. This wind farm is huge and takes up so much more room then a single nuclear power plant. I know that nuclear fission isn't perfect but nothing is but I think it's clear as Australia's weather ( I was going to say England's weather but it never is, I assume Australia's weather is) which is the better option. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumped-storage_hydroelectricity Sorted too. You really don't know much before you start talking about things.

also cold fusion is impossible even at theoretical level so I don't know what kind of things you read.

Not a reliable source of energy. You have to wait for it to rain and fill up the damn first. You also can't let it just all run out at once because it will drain the entire damn. Why wait for energy when you can just release the energy when you  want it. It would be like trying to light a fire with a timed match that took a couple of days to use. Also which moron decided that pumping water from the bottom back up again was a good idea. That is just en entire waste of energy. Your doing the same work twice. F*ckign idiots these poeple are. It would be like driving around your house 5 times to get into your parking space. Or opening your garage door then closing it again and opening again to get what's inside, the funny thing is though they are probably using nuclear energy from a power station to pump the water back up so it looks ok on the books. HAHAHAHHAhahahahh (damn no sad face). Or you could just use a normal match.We also thought the world was flat. And that Einstein was right. But you know things get disproven. Also Stephen hawkins said it's impossible to go faster than light speed but Dark helmet did it in Space Balls. Explain that you big dummy.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

We also thought the world was flat. And that Einstein was right. But you know things get disproven. Also Stephen hawkins said it's impossible to go faster than light speed but Dark helmet did it in Space Balls. Explain that you big dummy.

Yeah exactly. all those people working on a thing that could probably buy them the whole planet must be really dumb and lazy.

Spoiler

Not bad...

At least they are doing a effort.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Yeah exactly. all those people working on a thing that could probably buy them the whole planet must be really dumb and lazy.

Exactly. Sarcasm didn't register please try again. I'm yanking all ya chains.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I was going to point that out. My only pet peeve is that there's far too many highly populated places on earth where hydro turbines just aren't an option. Geothermal solutions seem more viable imho

The problem of Geothermal is there aren't that many spots on the earth where hot rocks are near to the surface. Also it can gradually degrade if too much water is pumped back and not to mention really high initial costs. In my opinion, if we develop on Solar Panels and somehow get better photosensitive materials, then we could have a kind of unlimited energy with 0 emissions.

Are you sure that the wind turbine isn't moving because it's broken and they don't have the money to repair it. It could be that. No just kidding. But seriously though do you even realise how much it costs to make, maintain and erect (funny haha) a wind turbine. But a nuclear power station costs a whole lot less power to performance wise then a wind far does. It's like buying a GTX 240 (if such a card exists) and getting 4 of them in SLI (which they don't) and comparing it's performance to a single Titan supercomputer that is ultra efficient ( I am still talking about nuclear energy here) they are leagues apart. back in school I was doing some calculations or something and it would take the largest wind turbine a week (if it was windy all week) to make a enough energy of what 1 gram of uranium-235 in single hour. And you would also be surprised of which costs more to run. The nuclear power station costs just over £1 billion in construction and running costs for it's expected lifetime, fuel for stations is cheap as chips. The biggest wind turbine farm costs £1.2 billion. This wind farm is huge and takes up so much more room then a single nuclear power plant. I know that nuclear fission isn't perfect but nothing is but I think it's clear as Australia's weather ( I was going to say England's weather but it never is, I assume Australia's weather is) which is the better option. 

Nop, it's not broken they just have too much power and no way to save it.(It's also just a few years old)

Over producing power is a big problem in a lot of countries in Europe.

And I know that it's more expensive because I have to pay more :/

But I rather have a huge windmill on a hill in front of my town than a nuclear power plant.

A lot of people in my town even have solar panels on their roofs.

RTX2070OC 

Exactly. Sarcasm didn't register please try again. I'm yanking all ya chains.

i wasn't actually calling people stupid either  :ph34r:

Nop, it's not broken they just have to much power and no way to save it.(It's also just a few years old)

But I rather have a huge windmill on a hill in front of my town than a nuclear power plant.

but then, i would rather have nuclear than coal or gas.

Spoiler

Show this Video to the FoxCon workers.

Apple that piece of sh*t company.

Ha, you forgot about every other "piece of shit company" that manufacturers phones/technology in China or in Asia as well. Samsung, LG, Toshiba, Sony, Oppo, HTC literally HUNDREDS+. 

So, Samsung that piece of shit company. You should show us what your conditions are like.

At least Apple are actively promoting this "greener" mood, and also improving conditions in China. 

I know an Apple hater when I see what he writes.

8hVr2.png

There was also tidal which looks somewhat interesting and appears to be a developing technology.

but then, i would rather have nuclear than coal or gas.

too many moan and complain because they're afraid of it, especially the US. 

Error: 410

too many moan and complain because they're afraid of it

also because they think that radiation is liek so bawd that it kills you when you sleep and takes your kids.

for example we had old russian nuclear power plant in lithuania that got closed, we had investors to build a new one, people had petitions because someone drew maps what would nuclear fallout would look like if it exploded, even though nuclear power plants can't explode. now I don't even know if they are going to build it and i'm sad because our 2 coal/gas power plants are now the most polluting facilities in the whole country.  :lol:

Spoiler

Nop, it's not broken they just have to much power and no way to save it.(It's also just a few years old)

You meant too not to right because that is bad English. Don't even look at my spelling. i know it's bad. If  your country is over-producing electricity then there is something wrong because your electricity bill should be cheaper. The UK's electricity is expensive because we rely too much on wind power and getting power from other means like gas. It's really stupid it really is but we (my government and past and future governments) are really slow to do anything so we are decommissioning old nuclear power stations and not building new ones but instead we are building huge win farms because that is the answer. We bury our heads in the sand way too much.

(\__/)

(='.'=)