Show Off Your Sleeving Skills

U_P_C

Thats what I ment with bad picture, all the white spots are because I was too lazy to set the camera settings right for the lighting. In real there is (surprisingly) very little fraying...

Easy fix, just run a lighter really fast along the frying and the paracord will look extremely clean, the frying will be gone, with no camera tricks. :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Easy fix, just run a lighter really fast along the frying and the paracord will look extremely clean, the frying will be gone, with no camera tricks. :)

Thanks, although there is only little fraying in my opinion (I'm sure to more experienced guys its a lot :P) I'll run a lighter along it. But what I ment is there are little white spots all over the picture, you can see them too on the connector itself, which really hasn't got any fraying  :D .

But still thanks for the advice I'll try it and see how it turns out.

edit: 

How do I sleeve this things? I haven't found anything use full on the internet yet.

tweak_dk_Seasonic_M12II-EVO_Edition_12.J

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

edit: 

How do I sleeve this things?

good job on the sleeve, they turned out great,

for those i usually just cut off the off shoots and make a traditional cable. if you must use the second 8 pin, cut it off anyways and splice down at the bottom towards the psu.

Happy Memorial Day

IMG_0256_zpsb1005462.jpg

IMG_0258_zpsfd1e0ed8.jpg

IMG_0259_zps31a19a2c.jpg

edit: 

How do I sleeve this things? I haven't found anything use full on the internet yet.

Those wires are factory glued together. There is a slight gap were the connector is and were the wires are glued together, if you take your fingers and split them apart before removing them from the connector, just like you would do for RCA cables or speaker wire, it makes it a lot easier to remove them so you can get ready for sleeving :).

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

Those wires are factory glued together. There is a slight gap were the connector is and were the wires are glued together, if you take your fingers and split them apart before removing them from the connector, just like you would do for RCA cables or speaker wire, it makes it a lot easier to remove them so you can get ready for sleeving :).

I didn't mean the wires being glued together, you can just pull them apart as you said, I've done so with the other cables already.  I meant the fact of a 6 and 8 pin being in the same wire, you can read the solution below.

good job on the sleeve, they turned out great,

for those i usually just cut off the off shoots and make a traditional cable. if you must use the second 8 pin, cut it off anyways and splice down at the bottom towards the psu.

Thanks!

I found another solution since I need 2x6pin and 2x8pin and I've got 3 of those cables in total (so that makes 3 6pin and 3 8pin). However I think I'm just doing the sleeving till around the first connector and then heatshrink it. I've bought some 6 and 8pin extentions so I can connect them to these cables and sleeve those. All of this will be behind the motherboard tray/an acrylic panel ofcourse, so everything in sight is sexy and sleeved... :D

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

I didn't mean the wires being glued together, you can just pull them apart as you said, I've done so with the other cables already.  I meant the fact of a 6 and 8 pin being in the same wire, you can read the solution below.

I apologize for the misunderstanding,either way though I'm glad :D one of us was able to help you answer your question and that you found a solution to your issue.

The only extentions I could find at Dutch shops with a reasonable shipping time and pricing where bitfenix alchemy pre-sleeved cables, I ripped the sleeving of them and I'm sleeving them again now. Those almos come out of the connector when you sneeze (when using the mdpc-x tool ofcourse) the pins on my powersupply are a pain in the fucking ass to remove :P.

The only extentions I could find at Dutch shops with a reasonable shipping time and pricing where bitfenix alchemy pre-sleeved cables, I ripped the sleeving of them and I'm sleeving them again now. Those almos come out of the connector when you sneeze (when using the mdpc-x tool ofcourse) the pins on my powersupply are a pain in the fucking ass to remove :P.

ive cut many a finger trying to pull some of those cables out. Ive had a few literally pierce the connector housing

10350106_10203597968011617_1384055770_o_

• 2 weeks later...

Did some sleeving for a friend, it's my first time ever doing it...i pretty much hate paracord now  :wacko:

She wanted purple and orange for her white 760T build.

kD6ctnol.jpg

eIcOrppl.jpg

tAHue7Zl.jpg

zLKxtMnl.jpg

The cable ties are just to keep them together for shipping back to her.

dPzoPLll.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just love your sleeving....So cool.

Which cables do you guys think are the most difficult?

Im considering having some of the more difficult cables sleeved professionally and then do the rest myself....

Inline sata cables are the hardest by far, I am making a tool as we speak to make this very very easy.

It is the almighty sleeving god lutr0   :o

I've started sleeving my psu this afternoon, I'm doing it with paracord the heatshrinkless way. I think the fingerprint on my thumb and index finger are gone :ph34r:  I burnt them multiple times  :rolleyes: , thats going to be fun at work tomorrow... :P

Anyway I've just done 5 single cables and I'm done with it for tonight because my lighter is empty ^_^ It is a lot of fun to do actually (except for the burning your fingerprints of part). I'll post some pics sundaynight I think so you can run down on my sleeving skills :D

Also the inside of paracord makes quite good backing for fly fishing I would think. :D

Not a sleeving god just trying to help as much as possible. If it wasnt for allot of other people all loving to hobby there would be no Lutro0. =) And what is this finger print that you mention.... havent had one for a looooooooong time now. Infact my index finger and thumb are perminatly blackened a bit.

Thanks, although there is only little fraying in my opinion (I'm sure to more experienced guys its a lot :P) I'll run a lighter along it. But what I ment is there are little white spots all over the picture, you can see them too on the connector itself, which really hasn't got any fraying  :D .

But still thanks for the advice I'll try it and see how it turns out.

edit: 

I just split them with an eacto knife at the top and carefully peel them. be careful not to remove any insulation. It takes a little bit of precision but it will come apart.

Also sorry for the late reply I have been busy a ton lately.

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

Inline sata cables are the hardest by far, I am making a tool as we speak to make this very very easy.

Not a sleeving god just trying to help as much as possible. If it wasnt for allot of other people all loving to hobby there would be no Lutro0. =) And what is this finger print that you mention.... havent had one for a looooooooong time now. Infact my index finger and thumb are perminatly blackened a bit.

I just split them with an eacto knife at the top and carefully peel them. be careful not to remove any insulation. It takes a little bit of precision but it will come apart.

Also sorry for the late reply I have been busy a ton lately.

I've done it like this, the part that is not sleeved will be hidden behind the motherboard tray.

P1000564.JPG

The 24pin cable I did did have some double wires and I did solder those but I didn't feel like doing it for this one because this also works... And astetically there is no difference, I think I might like this one better because I'm going to built the extention cable connection part nicely into an acrylic panel but thats a total different story :P Thanks for the reply though :)

What diameter should I have if I want to individually sleeve cables, like psu connector, cpu connector, fans etc? 

Answer in mm.

What diameter should I have if I want to individually sleeve cables, like psu connector, cpu connector, fans etc? 

Answer in mm.

4mm sleeve is what everyone uses

heres some more i made,

this one for my fiance's build "perfectly pink"

IMG_0678_zps14bae60e.jpg44

IMG_0683_zps8511dfcc.jpg

recect set i finished for someone

IMG_0783_zpsf20f6248.jpg

IMG_0785_zpsed9d79e9.jpg

current background lol

IMG_0785_zpsed9d79e9.jpg

IMG_0762_zps6ce18310.jpg

satas

parkersata1_zps5952d860.jpg

parkersata2_zps20d0091f.jpg

So 3 mm is acceptable?

However, how are you making the individually sleeved cables stick at the very end? Glue? I see no heatshrink tubing, only on SATA connectors. And what size are SATA sleeving?

So 3 mm is acceptable?

However, how are you making the individually sleeved cables stick at the very end? Glue? I see no heatshrink tubing, only on SATA connectors. And what size are SATA sleeving?

3 should work, might be a little tight getting it on the wire, cant say for sure. there are plently of places that sell 4mm sleeving international.

sata sleeve is 8mm i believe.

as for heatshrinkless, ill direct you to a very helpful video here

Alright, I've watched the video now, and got a good hang on it. But will the following heatshrink tubing that comes with a package of 2 m sleeving, (30 cm heatshrink tube) be enough? 

I'm buying blue sleeving 2 m, 30 cm tube.

And black sleeving 2 m, 30 cm tube.

Since the technique relies that you require tubing, melt it on the sleeve and cut it off afterwards  :unsure:

Alright, I've watched the video now, and got a good hang on it. But will the following heatshrink tubing that comes with a package of 2 m sleeving, (30 cm heatshrink tube) be enough? 

I'm buying blue sleeving 2 m, 30 cm tube.

And black sleeving 2 m, 30 cm tube.

Since the technique relies that you require tubing, melt it on the sleeve and cut it off afterwards  :unsure:

make sure the tube is like 6.35mm diameter. its 1/4" here.

and most people cut the shrink tube to like 15mm increments. you can never be wrong with buying a little more. chances are you're going to mess up a few pieces so i would try to have a little more than required

• 4 months later...

Lets Bring This thread back to the top!

Photo BOMBBB

IMG_3171_zpsa440fd35.jpg

IMG_3167_zps24653f1a.jpg

IMG_3176_zps32489bf4.jpg

IMG_3137_zps1e1447e4.jpg

IMG_2986_zps9b1ad91a.jpg

IMG_2934_zps83c1c1be.jpg

IMG_2928_zpsc37af47e.jpg

IMG_2911_zpsbb5e7d3d.jpg

IMG_2891_zpse4a2f817.jpg

IMG_2808_zps03e9c446.jpg

IMG_2802_zpsd96eae59.jpg

made from supplies found here!

Lets see some of yours!

Does this count?

I didn't really custom sleeve them myself, but I bought them and sewed them together...

post-4438-0-22781000-1416676360_thumb.jp

post-4438-0-83281100-1416676364_thumb.jp

post-4438-0-72453000-1416676370_thumb.jp

post-4438-0-43758600-1416676367_thumb.jp

post-4438-0-84664300-1416676444_thumb.jp

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Here are my custom cables I made with custom made clips (not from E22)

Cable Pass Through Panel

2b24.jpg

Cable Pass Through Panel with Custom Cable Clips

21da.jpg

Cable Pass Through Panel Mounted

jnob.jpg

Cable Pass Through Panel Mounted with 24pin and 6 Sets of PCI E

gnyw.jpg

PCI E Cables Pass Through Panel

7rz0.jpg

Custom Cables (at PSU)

t3ii.jpg

Hi, I like your build. Can you give me some more information about your build? Specially the white acrylic mid plate. I want make one. Need some help with that... Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

keep them coming! liking all the photos in here!

here are some more!

Rog set featuing UPC Aegis Sleeve and red mdpc

IMG_3315_zpsaf8fc49b.jpg

IMG_3309_zpsde3386ef.jpg

IMG_3301_zpsffe9e513.jpg

IMG_3298_zps17147835.jpg