OS X Mavericks Installation Guide and Dual Booting (From Experience)

Using a dual boot can be pain to install at first, but after a couple of times I got used to doing it. From my personal experience, I had to use a macbook, due to school's compatibility of applications, so years ago I bought the macbook pro and installed bootcamp on it. Works perfectly fine. I'm not really sure about PC's, but for laptop uses the touchpad does not work as well in Windows but that's not a biggie. Being able to use windows was all I needed. Also currently I'm aware that if you are going to install dual boot on ur apple computer, then windows 7 is more compatible and easier to install, but if you have a PC and use dual boot on that then I guess windows 8 will work like a beast. One fall back is since u partition the drives, you can't really move a file into the other drive, and u can just take files from other drives. I do agree with u. Doing this was fun, so I did it to couple other ppl as well :P

Once I get my Hackintosh up and running I will have a computer dedicated to every main operating system.

Right now I have PCs set up with: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Ubuntu (not sure what version), SteamOS, and ChromeOS.

I'm excited to add OSX Mavericks to the lineup!

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

• 2 weeks later...

New links:

EU FTP 100/100mb/s: ftp://ftp.de.bbby.eu/

US FTP (1/1gb/s): ftp://fastdl.bbby.eu/

Links doesn't work at all!

Are these the new links to the previous files ?

HTTP 404 = Server cannot be reached please try again later, try refreshing(F5) the page or re-enable your wireless

:o my hardware is compatible :D... I guess it's time to buy a new drive and get... a Quadruple boot =DDDDD

Still can't beat my octo-boot. :P

I really kinda wish my computer could run this, but being AMD it probably will take a LONG time in order to make it run and get all of the drivers and crap like that.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

We need a tutorial on this in VMware Workstation. I downloaded a vmware image to make things easier, but me and my tech geek friend both can't get the audio working properly and tried all the audio fixes possible..

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Got this running on my 6300 :D just took a modified kernal

• 5 months later...

Well god damn it, this is the second time typing this half since I messed up, sorry if it seems rushed. That made me angry.

I have successfully installed OS X Mavericks and Windows 8.1 on the same PC and can dual boot without issue. In this guide I will go over:

Reasoning

Needed Software/Devices

Installation

Drivers

BIOS Settings/Dual Booting

Issues

Semi-Fun Stuff

Links

This will not be perfect and I am not responsible if you go full retard and screw everything. This is also my first time doing this so I don't know much other than this, at all.

Credit to @Sundanc3 for helping me the most :D Well, here you go:

Reasoning:

The reason I did this was for fun, but you could want to do this for many reasons such as better integration with the rest of your Apple devices, things like iCloud, Safari, or iMessage. You could also do this because you just like using OS X or think it is better for productivity. This is personal.

Needed Software/Devices:

For this you will need Unibeast (download link below), Multibeast (download link below), a USB of 8GB or more, a device with Mavericks being a MacBook, iMac, or other Hackintosh, though if you have that, why have you read this far? Also, an empty USB port (NS), time, and recommended supported hardware found in the link at the bottom, which is definitely not all of it, but a good idea of what you would like to have. You will definitely want to have a separate drive for OS X and Windows.

Installation:

All you need to do here is follow this guide perfectly, it's what I used and as long as you have hardware that can work with OS X without any special stuff it will be very simple. http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Drivers:

For this, just use Multibeast's quick start function. You will also want to go through everything else that is not covered by that and check it off. To find things like the audio driver you need to check off, visit your motherboard's spec page. This is one of the easiest things to do in the process especially if you have hardware that is very easy to use with OS X. To get Multibeast onto the PC use the same USB drive you used for OS X and put it on there, then plug it back into the PC and move only Multibeast onto the desktop and run it according to the guide. For most peripherals that require drivers 90% of the time you can find OS X compatible ones the same place where the Windows where are.

BIOS Settings/Dual Booting:

Before you install anything you will want to unplug all other drives except the one you are installing onto, once you are done with everything including using Multibeast for drivers, turn off the PC and plug in your other drives. This is only if you have Windows already on the PC. if you don't it does not matter, but if you are installing Windows after OS X you will want to unplug all drives but the one you are installing Windows onto. The bootloader Multibeast installs will not support UEFI installs, so you will want to either not do that, just use the BIOS for when you want to switch OSs, this is done by switching boot priority to the drive with the OS you want to boot into, or I believe that Clover works with UEFI installs which I will link a guide and download link to.

Issues:

I came into a few issues in the process and with the final product. These may or may not happen to you:

Windows install broken, easily fixed thanks to @DEcobra11

Preview crashes immediately when launched (I have not tried fixing this)

Not really a problem, but I did not use Clover so I have to use the BIOS to switch OS s

Audio was faint, fixed with a reboot after driver install

Semi-Fun Stuff :D:

Now just mess around with the OS! You probably have done it right if you followed those tutorials and now just use what you have created. You can also change how your "Mac" shows up to either be the fastest MacBook ever or a MacPro any version wannabe. Download Steam to see compatible Mac games lololol

Links:

Full install guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Clover guide: Go to http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php then guides and use the drop down menu, this link will not work :/ This is a different method.

Unibeast: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=202

Multibeast: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=219

Hardware: http://www.tonymacx86.com/420-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-april-2014.html

Mavericks ISO from @JantsoP

Europe: ftp://ftp.de.bbby.eu/

America: ftp://fastdl.bbby.eu/

If I missed anything and if this helps you tell me!

Fixes:

USB Drive Size changed to 8GB

Clover link

i have a 512gb ssd and 2tb seagate mechanicl drive..

do u think i should half the ssd or use them seperate. i want to half but you know better

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

• 4 weeks later...

Got it to work! ...but with a workaround, kind of.

I have OSX Yosemite on one hard drive and Windows 8 on an SSD.

Bootloader is iffy. I ended up using Clover as a bootloader. As soon as I turn on the PC, it goes straight to Clover. Great! I can then launch OSX Yosemite. But Windows doesn't work from the bootloader. The screen just goes black/blank and I have to reset. In order to boot into Windows, i have to press f8 on bios flash screen and select my SSD.

I don't do this too often, but it is kind of annoying.

Other than that, I love it.

• 5 months later...

FTP with links to Mavericks are down. Please, someone reupload.

FTP with links to Mavericks are down. Please, someone reupload.

He better not, as pirating is not allowed on LTT.

And yes, even though you can download it for free from the App Store if you have a Mac , offering it outside of it is still illegal.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Thinking of doing this. I really do like OSX for lightweight stuff. Will my hardware support it?

I've tried it out on my Asus B85M-E a couple months ago.. Nothin worked as it should especially with the wi-fi. I've stopped it then. I might give it a shot again sometime  :D

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black

i suppose you have installed this on an intel platform right?