OS X Mavericks Installation Guide and Dual Booting (From Experience)

Thanks @TheNinjaNextDor :D i think il definitely follow this when i make my pc a hackintosh (Not now though I would have to buy a new hard drive and im saving up to upgrade my pc so yeah...). P.s, ur awesome :P

Thanks!

I'm trying to upload to files to dropbox, but I can't find anything that looks like it'll work :/

So who wants only the MacOS X Mavericks install thingy? I have it on my MacBook Air and if its ok to mods/CoC can i share it? Its free on apple store

If its not too much trouble and does not violate the CoC, could you share it

Tough not sure what way i should share it. Dropbox maybe but i fear about their hash DMCA thingy. Tough its free so basicly Dropbox cant do sh!t about it but idk :/ I mean i can put it waiting on my dropbox and see if i get the go ahead

Let me first start off by saying this is a really nice guide but when it comes to installing OS X on a PC, MANY things can vary depending on the hardware, so you should explicitly list your specs in the guide and note that your steps worked for your hardware and may not work on other hardware.

Thanks!

I'm trying to upload to files to dropbox, but I can't find anything that looks like it'll work :/

WWW.mega.com

Its encrypted AND 50 GB of free storage. If you want to share anything just send someone a link with the encryption key embedded.

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

Sorry not mega.com mega.co.nz lol I don't use it often

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

1st I wont ever use this hackintosh for anything important. I did it more to see if I could. If I was to switch to something other than windows it sure as hell would not be OSX. but really who builds a hacintosh to ligitametly use it as their main OS? I even just created a fake itunes account to mess around with it.

why? My hackmac is running for more than a year now without any issues.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Thanks!

I already got copy of Legit one from Apple going to my dropbox

yes please:)

HTTP 404 = Server cannot be reached please try again later, try refreshing(F5) the page or re-enable your wireless

Nooooooooooo

HTTP 404 = Server cannot be reached please try again later, try refreshing(F5) the page or re-enable your wireless

are you able to ftp it ?

are you able to ftp it ?

Well yeah if i setup my FastDL server w/ 1gb/s connection :D will setup the FTP at home but going to my friend for this weekend. Im gonna upload the iso at there

EDIT: Just rememberd. I get one server for free so you guys will have two servers where you can download the iso :3

ip add?

ip add?

Gonna share it when i get iso up on the 1gb/s server. Now waiting for the other server to arrive so i can configure that too

thanks, its from the official apple store right?

Sorry for asking,always had the fear of something nasty hiding in my com

thanks, its from the official apple store right?

Sorry for asking,always had the fear of something nasty hiding in my com

Yes. Only thing i did was to change it from .app to .iso using script wich made the conversion

What's a good HDD for hackintoshing? I'm not really into Ubuntu but I kinda like OS X's interface, but the price tag has always turned me off.

I have a 240GB SSD 530 that I'm keeping Windows on right now, not going to use that for OSX. Should I get a plain 500GB laptop HDD, a 500GB 3.5" HDD, a seagate SSHD, or SSD? Does it really affect OSX performance and boot up times?

What's a good HDD for hackintoshing? I'm not really into Ubuntu but I kinda like OS X's interface, but the price tag has always turned me off.

I have a 240GB SSD 530 that I'm keeping Windows on right now, not going to use that for OSX. Should I get a plain 500GB laptop HDD, a 500GB 3.5" HDD, a seagate SSHD, or SSD? Does it really affect OSX performance and boot up times?

It will greatly decrease load times with an SSD with anything. My Macbook takes around 15s to boot (HDD) and my Hackintosh takes around 4 (SSD)

Just get a Seagate Barracuda, especially if you won't use it as a primary OS.