Internet Connection Drops When Playing Games

heptikskater

I was playing CS:GO casual and i decided to play competitive, i was playing casual for about 1hr but when i played competitive my connection kept dropping for some reason. So i wait and then it reconnects then same over and over, this also happens in BF4 after 10-15 mins of playing.

My O/S is brand new and so are the drivers

Things i have tried:

Reset Router

Reinstall windows,steam,games etc

Reinstall drivers

Changed ping setting

changed driver settings

and yet nothing works this is really starting to piss me off and i dont know the cause of it, any help would be great

I am also running wired and it does the same wireless

GTX 780

WIN 7

MSI 760GA P43 (FX)

AMD FX 8320

Need to know more:

Who is your ISP?

Is your internet cable, DSL, wireless?

Are on on Wifi?

How often does it happen?

How long has it been happening?

Has anything changed recently(hardware, software, power outage, etc)?

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

I understand how frustrating that is, in order to help I'll need to know some additional information (on top of what Atlantisman posted).

Modem type and age (EG, Motorola SBG6580, and I've had it for a year)

Is your modem leased from your ISP?

Network adapter make and model, both wired and wireless.

I'll ask about some other things as well if they seem relevant.

I understand how frustrating that is, in order to help I'll need to know some additional information (on top of what Atlantisman posted).

Modem type and age (EG, Motorola SBG6580, and I've had it for a year)

Is your modem leased from your ISP?

Network adapter make and model, both wired and wireless.

I'll ask about some other things as well if they seem relevant.

ISP: Virgin Media

Router: Superhub 2

REALTEK Lan and pcie GBE for both adaptors

Need to know more:

Who is your ISP?

Is your internet cable, DSL, wireless?

Are on on Wifi?

How often does it happen?

How long has it been happening?

Has anything changed recently(hardware, software, power outage, etc)?

ISP: Virgin Media

Im on both but i used wired 99%

Happens 10-15 mins in each game

It has happened for 5-6 months now

nothing has been changed

Ok, Realtek adapters are generally fine, not the best and not the worst units ever.  You must be in the UK, as I don't think Virgin is an ISP in the US.  The Superhub 2 must be a wireless gateway cable modem (looking at the specs it's similar to the Comcast leased cisco dpc3939 unit).

It's been happening for 6 months now and hardwired, it's likely you have a signal issue coming into your residence or your modem is bad.  Call your ISP to try and sort this out.  Unfortunately since I don't live in the UK or work for a UK ISP I can't give you the correct wording to make getting this resolved easier.

Ok, Realtek adapters are generally fine, not the best and not the worst units ever.  You must be in the UK, as I don't think Virgin is an ISP in the US.  The Superhub 2 must be a wireless gateway cable modem (looking at the specs it's similar to the Comcast leased cisco dpc3939 unit).

It's been happening for 6 months now and hardwired, it's likely you have a signal issue coming into your residence or your modem is bad.  Call your ISP to try and sort this out.  Unfortunately since I don't live in the UK or work for a UK ISP I can't give you the correct wording to make getting this resolved easier.

we got a new router 1 month ago like a whole brand new package and it still did so...?

That rules out a modem issue for the most part, though it is possible to get a lemon 2 devices in a row (no matter how statistically unlikely). Have you tried another PC? Another avenue of troubleshooting would be to try another Ethernet cable to see if the issue is due to a bad cable.