Setting up multiple computers to fold

I will be getting some old pentium 4 systems. Proably like two or three. What is the best way to fold on them. Can i set them up to all work on the same WU and maximize the amount of points they produce 

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

Set them to work on the same WU? I doubt it.

Just set them up to each use the FaH Chrome application (smaller WU than the desktop app) 

They'll all fold independently, but you could use the Chrome app to churn out more points.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Ok thanks. 

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

to have them working on the same projects, several cpus on different motherboards you would somehow have to daisy chain them together and basicly make your own supercomputer, would probably involve some programming, maybe some soldering, i have no frigging idea how you would go about doing it as i have no idea, i'm just blabbering but realisticly speaking it probably isn't very doable :P

For Folding - just use the same ID, team and passkey. But, they will all fold different WU's.

FYI - Chrome Folding app does NOT generate more points then the desktop app. Average Chrome WU is worth like a 100 points. :)

To maximize points on a P4, I would suggest something as simple as the Ubuntu folding appliance. There is is a guide to it on the [H]ard forum - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1769083 or the more general Ubuntu guide here http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1601608

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

FYI - Chrome Folding app does NOT generate more points then the desktop app. Average Chrome WU is worth like a 100 points. :)

How many points does a WU on the desktop application yield? 

How many points does a WU on the desktop application yield?

over 9000

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Can't tell if serious or joking :P

a serious reply.. on cpu work units you get bonus points, meaning you will recieve points based on how fast you can finish the wu

(if you meet the requirement to recieve bonus points) so the answer is, i can't say, it depends on your cpu, and the points from wu to wu varies depending on how large it is, you can get 2k and you can get 20k, or 350k for a bigadvanced unit :P.