Audio Technica 2020 Microphone for $50!!

TechSage

it's a really good mic especially at that price, if you do music recording it actually sounds quite good for that purpose.

not surprising, it was $60 not to long ago. Keep in mind this is the XLR version, not the USB version that is normally $100

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

The AT2020 with XLR is often sold at a cheaper price, compared to the USB version.

So if you're one looking into buying this microphone, keep in mind that you do need the proper equipment to use it. XLR cable, etc.

That is a really good deal for that mic. If only I didn't already have a snow ball...

quote name="Chriz6097" post="1898850" timestamp="1398018275"]not surprising, it was $60 not to long ago. Keep in mind this is the XLR version, not the USB version that is normally $100  

The AT2020 with XLR is often sold at a cheaper price, compared to the USB version.

So if you're one looking into buying this microphone, keep in mind that you do need the proper equipment to use it. XLR cable, etc.

Pretty sure an adapter will do the trick

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

quote name="Chriz6097" post="1898850" timestamp="1398018275"]not surprising, it was $60 not to long ago. Keep in mind this is the XLR version, not the USB version that is normally $100

you should add his mention to the main post so people know.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not quite :/ You would need some kind of audio interface that hooks up with the microphone. A simple adapter doesn't quite cut it.

You need something like Behringer XENYX 302 or alike, additional ~50 dollars. Still though, $100 for a good microphone and a interface (which is better than USB) is about the same you would have payed for a AT2020 with USB to begin with.

If you're one who wants to greatly improve your audio, go with the AT2020 + Behringer 302.

Edit: Well, I guess it would be do-able with only an adapter. But the problem I see is the possible lack of power to the microphone.

That seems like it's a good mic, usually you can only get like a blue snowball for the price

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

and it's 200 in aus...If I can ill buy this. Great deal.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones