Mechanical Keyboard for ~£100

Hi,

I am looking for a mechanical keyboard to replace my current Roccat Isku, would this be a worthwhile upgrade? I would like Blue switches with a full blue backlight,  I have seen the CM Storm Quickfire TK and the Ducky Shine Zero, are there any others for around this price point. Also according to the manual of the Ducky Keyboard it has independent lighting for different zones although I haven't seen anyone mention this in reviews.

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ZERO_DK2108S.html

Thanks

i7 4790k, Asrock Pro4 matx, EVGA 980Ti SC+, H60, Patriot Viper 8GB, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB, WD Blue 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Corsair CX600M, Fractal Design Arc Mini, Ducky Shine 3

Hi,

I am looking for a mechanical keyboard to replace my current Roccat Isku, would this be a worthwhile upgrade? I would like Blue switches with a full blue backlight,  I have seen the CM Storm Quickfire TK and the Ducky Shine Zero, are there any others for around this price point. Also according to the manual of the Ducky Keyboard it has independent lighting for different zones although I haven't seen anyone mention this in reviews.

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ZERO_DK2108S.html

Thanks

k70?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

k70?

I'm in the UK and I can't seem to find one

i7 4790k, Asrock Pro4 matx, EVGA 980Ti SC+, H60, Patriot Viper 8GB, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB, WD Blue 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Corsair CX600M, Fractal Design Arc Mini, Ducky Shine 3

I'm in the UK and I can't seem to find one

ah

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I went with a Quickfire TK as im in the UK and the prices for Corsairs mechanical keyboards were off the tits.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I went with a Quickfire TK as im in the UK and the prices for Corsairs mechanical keyboards were off the tits.

I like the looks of the TK, but how awkward do you find the numpad/arrow key combination to be?

I like the looks of the TK, but how awkward do you find the numpad/arrow key combination to be?

Not very. It gets a bit of taking used to but the build quality is outstanding and the LED's are insanely right. I also like the usb as you can disconnect it from the keyboard itself. I don't really use the arrow keys its much easier to just use the mouse but it can also be easy to do if you really want to use the arrow keys.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat