Skyrim Nexus vs Steam Workshop

Askew

I've played over 100hrs of vanilla Skyrim, so I'm looking to install some mods now.

My question is, should I be looking at the Skyrim Nexus website for my mods, or is Steam Workshop where it's at?

I prefer using the Nexus as I find that more people upload more/better mods there. I also find that the categorisation is better and you can look through the top downloads to find the awesome mods fairly easily. Also, some authors only release their work on the Nexus but that is probably the case with the workshop as well. To be honest just look through both of them and install any mod that takes your fancy.

nexus anyday, everyday, also their site is faster and mostly the nexus mod manager obliterates the steam workshop.i believe there are waaay more mods on the nexus.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Steam. I don't think I could get Nexus to work after countless installs. Steam workshop has a variety of well done mods and visual tweaks.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Nexus

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Steam is nice for smaller mods, but the bigger ones seems to be on the nexus (atleast when I was looking, may have changed).

You also get more control it seemed to me through the nexus, different options and some stuff just wasn't on the Workshop like ENBs and very large mods.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Thanks for the replies everyone!

One more question, I have just made a Nexus account and installed the Nexus mod manager tool. Is it able to manage mods I've installed from the Steam workshop in addition to Nexus sourced mods or will it cause issues if I try to manage those particular mods from the Nexus MM tool?

I can see the Steam workshop mods appear in it's runlist, but I know the whole 'Subscribe'  mechanism with Steam loads up mods when I launch the game, so I'm wondering what happens to that system when you use NMM.

Decimus Aemilianus brownninja97 WiiManic

Thanks for the replies everyone!

One more question, I have just made a Nexus account and installed the Nexus mod manager tool. Is it able to manage mods I've installed from the Steam workshop in addition to Nexus sourced mods or will it cause issues if I try to manage those particular mods from the Nexus MM tool?

I can see the Steam workshop mods appear in it's runlist, but I know the whole 'Subscribe'  mechanism with Steam loads up mods when I launch the game, so I'm wondering what happens to that system when you use NMM.

Decimus Aemilianus brownninja97 WiiManic

nexus mod manager only manages the mods in the nexus. thats because its directory is not in steam. Conflicts will only be caused if the mods themselves conflict

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

nexus mod manager only manages the mods in the nexus. thats because its directory is not in steam. Conflicts will only be caused if the mods themselves conflict

thanks.

OK I've literally been browsing/familiarizing myself with the Nexus system since I posted this thread. I've got an account, installed NMM and browsed hundreds of mods.

I have about 30 things installed now, time to start enjoying modding. :D

Do this before you do anything else 

Then put enb series on it if your pc is fast enough 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Nexus 200% or manual install. Steam workshop doesn't have the same amount of mods from what I've seen.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Like the overwhelming majority has said, Nexus. Steam Workshop is more for computer illiterate people who don't know how to even folder. It definitely has way less mods too, and like 90% of the very very best mods aren't there.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.