Do you find text and other things on a 27" monitor with a 2560 x 1440 resolution difficult to look at?

Geekazoid

Hi guys,

I won't repeat the question. Just want to know your thoughts.

Cheers,

Geekazoid

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Yes and no: Yes because my 1440p monitor is much brighter and crisp then 1080p, and no because it is clearer so less strain to decifer smaller text. Hard to explain without going in loops... also the fact that the pixel density is higher makes text smaller (coz scaling), but you can always zoom in on websites etc.

Yes and no: Yes because my 1440p monitor is much brighter and crisp then 1080p, and no because it is clearer so less strain to decifer smaller text. Hard to explain without going in loops... also the fact that the pixel density is higher makes text smaller (coz scaling), but you can always zoom in on websites etc.

Hmm okay. Thanks for that. :)

are u worried about high DPI issues ?

the DPI on this monitor is almost at 100 so u dont have to worry

its almost the same as 1080p at 23 inches

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

No it's fine.

Now 4k @ 24" would be horrible, but this is just about right.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

are u worried about high DPI issues ?

the DPI on this monitor is almost at 100 so u dont have to worry

its almost the same as 1080p at 23 inches

According to this (http://pixeldensitycalculator.com/) pixel density calculator a 27" monitor with a 2560 x 1440 resolution has a DPI of 108.80 (almost 109). I don't think I am too concerned about the DPI but just the easiness to be able to see everything, especially text, on screen without any issues.

I remember going from a 20" 1600 x 900 display to my current 23" 1920 x 1080 display and I wasn't quite used to it at first but then I did get used to it after a little while. I guess I might have the same experience going from 1920 x 1080 to 2560 x 1440 display. What's your thoughts on this?

I guess I might have the same experience going from 1920 x 1080 to 2560 x 1080 display. What's your thoughts on this?

u mean  2560x1440?

im sitting side by side  between a 2560x1600 monitor at 30 inches  and a 1080p at 23 inch

u wont really notice a big difference  since ppi isnt that much different (a ~10 ppi change isnt really much of a difference)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Without changing any font settings. Text is perfect to read on mine.

u mean  2560x1440?

Yes I did. Typo :blush:. I've fixed it now.

I'm sitting side by side  between a 2560x1600 monitor at 30 inches  and a 1080p at 23 inch u wont really notice a big difference  since ppip isnt that much different (a ~10 ppi change isnt really much of a difference)

Hmm okay. Well I was thinking about going with a 1440p monitor for video editing purposes. Speaking of that 2560 x 1080 res, I had thought about going for a 29" 21:9 display for awhile. The monitor I was looking at was the PB298Q, however it is more expensive than the PB278Q (which I know is extremely popular) and so I figured that that'd be the most sensible one to go with.

Without changing any font settings. Text is perfect to read on mine.

Okay. Well that's good to know. Thanks mate! :D