What Would You Do With $1200?

jacobffeldman

After i read through the forum about what headphones you would get with $250 I was curious to see what people on this sub forum would do if they had $1200. Don't limit yourself to headphones or even audio equipment, not even just one item. What do you think would be the best use of that kind of money in your lifestyle?

I would just get a different case for my system and water cool it :)

what would you do?

It really seems like a waste of money to me when you get past $300 on headphones IMO.. So I would probably get like a mod mic and audiotechnica m50x and save the rest of the $1000 to waste on my next build xD

can u list ur complete rig so we can suggest any upgrades that u wanna make... :)

Buy a Xonar Phoebus, a high end Killer NIC to improve my game, some better quality audio cables (gold only, none of that pleb silver), a Pono to carry all my music, a pair of M50's to use everything with, and use to rest to fund my drug fiending addiction. 

Error: 410

PC parts, I would wait for lintels 8core, and Nvidia 800series for the desktop. that or get your PC case custom painted and balling with water cooling. If not PC, then a nice car, or maybe just improvements to my current car. 

Air con in my room lol.

hellooooooooo

i would get a ssd , a psu and a gpu for my pc, a good laptop, a good set of headphones for gaming on ps4 and pc , then save to get a ps4 to play with friends 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Thats about half the new transmission I want, or I could get the stage 2 kit that I've been eyeing :D 
Or get a pair of Samson SE8's and pocket the rest for later. 

Buy a Xonar Phoebus, a high end Killer NIC to improve my game, some better quality audio cables (gold only, none of that pleb silver), a Pono to carry all my music, a pair of M50's to use everything with, and use to rest to fund my drug fiending addiction.

Anyone at BestBuy could help you find the cables and anyone behind there could help with the drugs.

I don't know about the soundcard.

Fiio e10 or an o2. Then I need a big SSD for my rig

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Anyone at BestBuy could help you find the cables and anyone behind there could help with the drugs.

Do I look like an idiot to you? I'd skip the middleman and order from Monster directly.

and I'm sure @EmoRarity can suggest an excellent high quality sound card (350$ budget to) for my M50's

the rest of course for caviar powder and astronaut rocks. 

Error: 410

Pretty everything he listed is head-fi crap. Cable will do nothing, M50's aren't all the special, and a Xonar isn't a good choice. 

Do I look like an idiot to you? I'd skip the middleman and order from Monster directly.

and I'm sure @EmoRarity can suggest an excellent high quality sound card (350$ budget to) for my M50's

the rest of course for caviar powder and astronaut rocks. 

I hence forth redact my previous statement, buy a Muse and some Colombian cocaine.  

If the limit is the sky... watercool my already amazing 780ti's and buy a 4930k and a cheapo 2011 mobo with it, if any money left, get another 1440p korean monitor to have NVIDIA Surround in 3 way-1440p GOODNESS (More pixels than in 4k)

I'd get a Phanteks Enthoo Primo, water cool my system in it and buy a pair of Sennheiser HD 650's or HD8 DJ's.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

in the situation I was starting out fresh with 0 audio equipment I'd get a pioneer sea 1000 and paired with a used closed back headphone spending the rest on a home theater receiver and then building out speakers from the remainder. 

from what I got now. I've always wanted to get an akg 701 or something planar magnetic...... maybe.... 

what I would buy is a ReyZarrrrr tiamat 7.1 just because I'm curious at how much of a fucking joke that piece of shit headset is

in the situation I was starting out fresh with 0 audio equipment I'd get a pioneer sea 1000 and paired with a used closed back headphone spending the rest on a home theater receiver and then building out speakers from the remainder. 

from what I got now. I've always wanted to get an akg 701 or something planar magnetic...... maybe.... 

what I would buy is a ReyZarrrrr tiamat 7.1 just because I'm curious at how much of a fucking joke that piece of shit headset is

Go for V3s Modded by Mayflower *Hint hint nudge nudge*

Back on topic, I would buy myself an HTC One because my phone is starting to go. I rather have the 2013 version though because I hate the buttons on the screen.