Nvidia, heat and pc cases

o-madsen

I would like to understand how to choose a graphicscard that fits the case I want to build a pc around, no watercooling, only air

I want to build from these two

BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX
Corsair Carbide Air 540

how will a GTX 770 do in each of them? or/and what would fit the best when it comes to airflow?

Thanks

and, Linus, could you please make a few videos on this subject?

Ole

There would be too many different configurations for Slick Linus to test.

Look up case reviews. There are generally sections where they test the cooling. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

In an Air540 you should be fine with any 770 assuming it fits. 

I don't particularly think you should have too much of a problem in a prodigy either, as long as you keep the air flow up. 

Reference coolers are always an option, but you have to consider how much hotter and noisier they are compared to aftermarket, and if they would even help with thermals that much. 

Error: 410

There would be too many different configurations for Slick Linus to test.

Look up case reviews. There are generally sections where they test the cooling.

^That

It will fit, but will hurt in the BitFenix case

Put it in the Air 540 so the 770 can actually breathe

hellooooooooo

You'll want to have a blower style card for an mITX case such as the Prodigy.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It will fit, but will hurt in the BitFenix case

Put it in the Air 540 so the 770 can actually breathe

It should be just fine because there's a grill on the graphics card side where the card can suck in fresh air.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

In an Air540 you should be fine with any 770 assuming it fits. 

I don't particularly think you should have too much of a problem in a prodigy either, as long as you keep the air flow up. 

Reference coolers are always an option, but you have to consider how much hotter and noisier they are compared to aftermarket, and if they would even help with thermals that much. 

My friend has an AIR 540 with a pair of GTX780 Ti's in it and I must say , it looks baller, The AIR 540 is similar to my Caselabs M8 in that there are two sides to the case as they are wider than most regular case. He has his CPU cooled with a H100i but his 2x Gigabyte GTX780 Ti's are air cooled, he doesn't seem to have any problem with heat....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Most manufacturer websites will tell you the specifications of each case. From this, you should be able to work out what you can fit in.

Another idea would be looking at completed builds on PC partpicker; most cases with a number of ratings will have been used to house gaming builds and have long GPUs, if they are compatible.

I would like to understand how to choose a graphicscard that fits the case I want to build a pc around, no watercooling, only air

I want to build from these two

BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX
Corsair Carbide Air 540

how will a GTX 770 do in each of them? or/and what would fit the best when it comes to airflow?

Thanks

and, Linus, could you please make a few videos on this subject?

Ole

Just to clear some things up, they are two very different cases for different harware. One is for mitx and one is for ATX and bigger.

The 770 will od fine in both, but for the prodigy i recomend a blower style like this

NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_770-3qtr.png

For The air 540 i recomend an aftermarket like this

EVGA-GTX-770-ACX.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just to clear some things up, they are two very different cases for different harware. One is for mitx and one is for ATX and bigger.

The 770 will od fine in both, but for the prodigy i recomend a blower style like this

what brand is this? and thanks

Ole

what brand is this? and thanks

Ole

That is jun Nvidea. like this  http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclocked-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-3771-KR/dp/B00DOPW4DO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1398010944&sr=8-9&keywords=gtx+770

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."