Help

Red Harbinger

Hey guys im currently stuck with an external hard drive that i have to drag around my house to play movies onto my upstairs TV, so im looking into getting a wireless storage solution like this one here http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=14_207&item_id=021484

now i truly have no experience with this kind of stuff, and i am a complete noob to this so i cant guarantee that i wont say something stupid... So if someone has a better solution it would be greatly appreciated, the main purpose of this is to stream movies. I would also like the product to be able to hook up to a printer as i hate having to plug my laptop in each time i need to print something. 

Also could someone explain the difference between something ,like this and a nas. I know nas are used for like small businesses but does it give you any better options?

you might actually be better off buying an old piece of crap PC and getting a decent network interface for it

I'm sure they exist, but NAS' that have printing capability are probably a wee bit more pricey. 

Error: 410

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/external-storage/voyager-air

Cheaper, wireless and even has its own battery so well power-wire free, and it can also be done via Ethernet or USB. 1TB so if you want more then maybe a NAS.

A NAS is not solely for a small business, anyone can benefit from it. Your link is to a NAS, it just supports alternate transfer tech, USB, eSATA, Ethernet, but it does not have wireless as you stated.

Depending on how much data you want to store and how much hassle you want to add on yourself. If all you want is to watch movies and 1TB is enough movies for you then why buy a NAS? Unless you want to have your computers backup to it and also server "media", then its good but do you have Ethernet by the TV? Or does it have to be wireless?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.