Need help partitioning ubuntu 13.10

I have exactly 58.9 GB on my boot drive. I need help finding out the correct partitions to make during ubuntu install, and the correct capacities for each ubuntu partitons. I only plan to use about 30 GB many a couple more but mainly about 30. Any help??

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

Do you mean 30GB alongside how much space your os/apps would take up?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Do you mean 30GB alongside how much space your os/apps would take up?

I mean 30GB for ubuntu

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

I mean 30GB for ubuntu

What's the issue? Can't you just make the partition 30GB?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just a small question, why are you installing Ubuntu 13.10 instead of 14.04?

Because i didnt know 14.04 was out.

What's the issue? Can't you just make the partition 30GB?

No, I need to make 2-3 different partitions and the way partitioning in ubuntu is and its partitions terminology is i got no idea at al... Thats why I need help, also for determining the amount needed for each partition. Also, if anyone can help me get the "Install Alongside Windows" option to appear so I dont ned to do manaual partitioning, you can skip on helping me manually partition ubuntu. I just need help with one other the other. Prefferably getting the alongside option to appear. If we cant get that to happen then I need help manually partitioning ubuntu.

No, I need to make 2-3 different partitions and the way partitioning in ubuntu is and its partitions terminology is i got no idea at al... Thats why I need help, also for determining the amount needed for each partition.

Google is your friend. How much space a certain distribution will need should be on the download website.

While installing ubuntu, there should be a button that allows you to create new partitions--choose whatever size would be appropriate.

Google is your friend. How much space a certain distribution will need should be on the download website.

While installing ubuntu, there should be a button that allows you to create new partitions--choose whatever size would be appropriate.

Thing is, is that for the swap and root partitions. Idk what capacity they need. I tried googling it, and nothing helpful really...

Thing is, is that for the swap and root partitions. Idk what capacity they need. I tried googling it, and nothing helpful really...

Setup as much swap as you have ram. 

Double check the site you're downloading from. It should show what sizes they are--look at the minimum requirements.

Setup as much swap as you have ram. 

Double check the site you're downloading from. It should show what sizes they are--look at the minimum requirements.

When you say to check the site, do you mean to check the site i got the iso from?

When you say to check the site, do you mean to check the site i got the iso from?

If you got it from the official site, yes. 

If not, refer to the official site.

You don't need 3 partitions for a basic install, just 2.

swap the size of your ram

ext4 partiton mounted as / (root) for all the system that's 30GB minus your swap space.

Google and the officials docs will help.