Want better sound with my Razer Tiamat 7.1

Oggeen

Hey guys.

Im having a Razer Tiamat 7.1 headset.

I cant much about audio.

Im planning to buy an external soundcard (asus xonar u7) to get better audio with my Tiamat.

Will the headset get a better sound with an external soundcard or is the onboard audio better? or do you have a better external soundcard solution? (recomendations)

i would recommend to get better sound, sell your tiamats and get headphones plus a mic, and then a amp/dac

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Hey guys.

I cant much about audio.

Im planning to buy an external soundcard (asus xonar u7) to get better audio with my Tiamat.

Will the headset get a better sound with an external soundcard or is the onboard audio better? or do you have a better external soundcard solution? (recomendations)

i have the Tiamat 7.1 and before i had my 200$ sound card it sounded like trash , but now it sounds beautiful and has the best bass you could ask for it even rivals some of the 1500$ headsets to be honest.

now i have it on my 500$ motherboards onboard because it sounds just as good with the built in amps and what not

get a sound card or get a super nice sound card.... trust me it will blow you away man

nothing will help you headset

how about we add something positive to help him =]

Stuff n Things

i would recommend to get better sound, sell your tiamats and get headphones plus a mic, and then a amp/dac

Any sugesstion on headphones with a price range of 100-150$

Which specs are you looking after in a headphone?

Any sugesstion on headphones with a price range of 100-150$

Which specs are you looking after in a headphone?

for that price range i would get the Sennheiser HD558 and a mic like a zalman mic1 so it works like a gaming headset or you could get a modmic, and i dont really know that much about specs but i do know the sennheiser will be more comfortable and will sound better 

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

usually thats whats i would recommend as well but i have these exact headphones, and they used to sound like garbage on my onboard 80 dollar MB but now i have the MSI x -POWER and my issue is resolved, also before i got that MB with my new system i got the X-FI titanium platinum black edition , pro sound card( i know a mouthful) and the drivers hated me but when i got it working it was amazing , the newer ASUS equivelant will be much better than what i had back then. trust me this headset is amazing!! you just need enough power to drive them in full 7.1 with powerfull bass. listen to some FLAC tracks and you will hear the clarity. good luck

Stuff n Things

for that price range i would get the Sennheiser HD558 and a mic like a zalman mic1 so it works like a gaming headset or you could get a modmic, and i dont really know that much about specs but i do know the sennheiser will be more comfortable and will sound better 

Thanks for the advice, would the Sennheiser HD558 improves it audio with a dac/amp?

lies helps no one...

or maybe we dont troll a guy who does not know perfect english..... sounds like the adult thing to do

Stuff n Things

Thanks for the advice, would the Sennheiser HD558 improves it audio with a dac/amp?

yes, of course it would but i dont know that much about them you may have to ask someone who knows more about this kind of stuff

the 558 would only get something from a dac/amp is your onboard is actually bad, otherwise it wont gain that much

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

listen man, you have a perfectly good headset right now (trust me i have it too)   it is  one of the best! (also trust me ) the only problem is that you have nothing to power it correctly so it will sound like garbage.   Changing your headset with another WILL NOT SOLVE YOUR ISSUE , you need to solve the problem where it starts. the motherboard, currently  your audio is the  bottleneck and it needs to be hunted down and removed. by nicely adding in a nice sound card. and it will sound 10x better than anything you have heard.

Stuff n Things

listen man, you have a perfectly good headset right now (trust me i have it too)   it is  one of the best! (also trust me ) the only problem is that you have nothing to power it correctly so it will sound like garbage.   Changing your headset with another WILL NOT SOLVE YOUR ISSUE , you need to solve the problem where it starts. the motherboard, currently  your audio is the  bottleneck and it needs to be hunted down and removed. by nicely adding in a nice sound card. and it will sound 10x better than anything you have heard.

What other headphones/headsets do you have? I'm having a hard time believing the Tiamat's aren't complete trash.

Also, bottlenecks do not happen in audio hardware.

What other headphones/headsets do you have? I'm having a hard time believing the Tiamat's aren't complete trash.

I'm curious as to how much each of those 10 drivers cost them to manufacture, somewhere along the lines of £5-7~ each taking estimates from the difference in the 2 driver version. Sounds top notch if you ask me.

You sound like a troll - get out of here.

Having a soundcard(a.k.a AMP) to make it louder does NOT necessarily make it better. What you're shooting at is loud = better  which is a placebo effect experienced by many people because the loudness brings out the lows more. The headset itself is bad in sound reproduction so going for a better headset would give you far more renumerations.

1. yes they do you would be supprised.

a bottleneck is something that is basically holding the rest of your hardware back. in this case an onboard sound card versus a dedicated is in fact a bottleneck.

I'm curious as to how much each of those 10 drivers cost them to manufacture, somewhere along the lines of £5-7~ each taking estimates from the difference in the 2 driver version. Sounds top notch if you ask me.

do you own one? no ok then. lets stop arguing and stop the personal attacks here. i own one and i am a very happy owner and it helps alot to h ave a dedicated sound card my headset used to be flat and plain then i got my baby it sounds better than anyother thing over 400$+

You sound like a troll - get out of here.

Having a soundcard(a.k.a AMP) to make it louder does NOT necessarily make it better. What you're shooting at is loud = better which is a placebo effect experienced by many people because the loudness brings out the lows more. The headset itself is bad in sound reproduction so going for a better headset would give you far more renumerations.

wrong, first of all a sound card DOES NOT just make it "loud" it in fact helps with clarity, making better highs and lows also improving quality while also reducing extra "noise"

or interferance.. and of course it slightly makes it louder but thats not what we are trying to fix here.

Hey guys.

I cant much about audio.

you might want to move this to the troubleshooting thread so the trolls stop attacking you by telling you to buy 1500$ sennheisers or whatever. good luck by the way i hope some of the advice helped

Stuff n Things

Reading that mans posts....Going to attempt to forget the ignorance in the bottom of a bottle. 

you might want to move this to the troubleshooting thread so the trolls stop attacking you by telling you to buy 1500$ sennheisers or whatever. good luck by the way i hope some of the advice helped

A sound card does not make your music any clearer, if any - the extra ohms from the sound card causes more interference[extra NOISE]. To isolate the effect of noise static on your music? Move your AMP/Dac out of the case, ala - don't get a sound card, get an external AMP/Dac like a Fiio E10 or something ($6000 / 100)

A sound card will NEVER increase the quality of your music, if you want higher quality music then you need a higher quality source - FLAC, Vinyl, whatever.  OR, better sound reproduction - Better headphones, better drivers.

Sound cards usually contain and AMP and a DAC, the function of which i already described, and you are experiencing as 'better' music.

Oh. And decent Sennheiser headphones like the HD558 costs only $150 ($1500 / 10), who's trying to crap nonsense around here? Sure doesn't sound like me.

If anyone is attempting to troll the poster here, then i think it's clear to everybody here that it's you. Stop asking for trouble. The only bottleneck i see here is the amount of good information having trouble flowing into your brain.

A sound card does not make your music any clearer, if any - the extra ohms from the sound card causes more interference[extra NOISE]. To isolate the effect of noise static on your music? Move your AMP/Dac out of the case, ala - don't get a sound card, get an external AMP/Dac like a Fiio E10 or something ($6000 / 100)

A sound card will NEVER increase the quality of your music, if you want higher quality music then you need a higher quality source - FLAC, Vinyl, whatever.  OR, better sound reproduction - Better headphones, better drivers.

Sound cards usually contain and AMP and a DAC, the function of which i already described, and you are experiencing as 'better' music.

Oh. And decent Sennheiser headphones like the HD558 costs only $150 ($1500 / 10), who's trying to crap nonsense around here? Sure doesn't sound like me.

If anyone is attempting to troll the poster here, then i think it's clear to everybody here that it's you. Stop asking for trouble. The only bottleneck i see here is the amount of good information having trouble flowing into your brain.

Mostly kinda right, but the thing is that machines can't make much of a difference between 320kpbs and anything higher. Which means that you can't either. 

Mostly kinda right, but the thing is that machines can't make much of a difference between 320kpbs and anything higher. Which means that you can't either. 

Fair enough, i don't notice much difference beyond 320kpbs :P

Just from a technical standpoint that a higher bitrate is 'better' [To the point of redundancy]

Reading that mans posts....Going to attempt to forget the ignorance in the bottom of a bottle. 

Yes pls.

Yes pls.

Want to join? May lead to abrasive metal and butt touching.

Fair enough, i don't notice much difference beyond 320kpbs :P

Just from a technical standpoint that a higher bitrate is 'better' [To the point of redundancy]

Technically better, but if we are going to be technical, its also pointless.

look im not trolling man , im just talking from experience thats all. i appreciate your input, i really do . i dont know everything but we dont need to lay into eachothers personal hardware choices , i respect your choice so please respect mine.   i was just advising him from experience that  it helped me out so thats all man. and i also did advise him to check out some flac audio,.  thats all i listen to and it is beautiful sounding.

Stuff n Things

look im not trolling man , im just talking from experience thats all. i appreciate your input, i really do . i dont know everything but we dont need to lay into eachothers personal hardware choices , i respect your choice so please respect mine.   i was just advising him from experience that  it helped me out so thats all man. and i also did advise him to check out some flac audio,.  thats all i listen to and it is beautiful sounding.

We do respect your choice, its just a choice that we don't support or suggest to others because you can make better choices.