Is it possible to RAID 0 two thumb drives?

Worth

Just thought it could be cool.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Not hardware RAID. Software RAID at the filesystem level (something like Windows Storage Spaces) could do it.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Not hardware RAID. Software RAID at the filesystem level (something like Windows Storage Spaces) could do it.

afaik you cant do raid array with any removeable device with disk manager in windows

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

afaik you cant do raid array with any removeable device with disk manager in windows

Windows Storage Spaces allows you to use external drives as well. They probably intend it to be used with external hard drives, but I don't see a reason you couldn't make it work.

It wouldn't work for long though. Flash drives are meant to port data around, not be part of a RAID configuration.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

You could probably use the software RAID in windows disk manager. Are you using the actual USB flash drives? Or an SSD in a USB enclosure?

wat

Why even bother posting if youre not going to add anything to the thread?

You could probably use the software RAID in windows disk manager. Are you using the actual USB flash drives? Or an SSD in a USB enclosure?

Why even bother posting if youre not going to add anything to the thread?

:(

Sorry-Quotes-3.png

Just thought it could be cool.

Give it a shot, not only would it be cool but you could protect data that way but it would also be easy to ruin your data, but again a way to keep prying eyes out of your data.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Given the simplicity of the controllers in flash drives, using such array is a bad idea. Although you might reach decent sequential speeds, random read/write will still be crap and will cause lots of stuttering. Also since those are flash drives, things like garbage collection and wearlevelling (some flash drives only have dynamic wear levelling) are very simple and not suited for such workloads.

In other words; dont' waste your time.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian