Can't connect to game server

Babyballable
Go to solution Solved by Alpha17x,

Is there a router being used? Is the router blocking the ports the game(s) need(s) to run?

I had the same problem with GTA V Online through my PS3.  Firewall was open, router was causing an issue  I set up port forwarding and was good to go from that point on.

You could also try running a traceroute to the server to see where the connection is dying out. Find the point it can't connect to then use that IP to find out who's server that is.  IF it's within his ISP's network. Contact them.

My friend has a very weird issue. He cannot connect to any game server. 

He can play TF2 no problem and some version of worms also works without a problem, but games like CS:GO, Planetside2, Loadeout, GarysMode WarThunder are unable to connect to theirs servers. CS:Go advices to change the ping settings, Loadeout says, that it cannot connect to server, in GarysMode the server browser is empty.

I did allow the steam and games through Windows firewall and I did turn off the antivirus (AVG). Other that games, his internet works fine.

3770k MaxVFormula 7970 16gb AX760 1 barracuda 250 840 NHD14 

Is there a router being used? Is the router blocking the ports the game(s) need(s) to run?

I had the same problem with GTA V Online through my PS3.  Firewall was open, router was causing an issue  I set up port forwarding and was good to go from that point on.

You could also try running a traceroute to the server to see where the connection is dying out. Find the point it can't connect to then use that IP to find out who's server that is.  IF it's within his ISP's network. Contact them.

@Alpha17x

I will try port forwarding, but he forgot his router password and resetting doesn't work. This is gonna take a while...

I opened the router and manually shorted the reset wires, after that everything worked fine, besides Planetside2. So I did set port forwarding  for the game up and that solved the issue.

I hate doing port forwarding. Once MaxPayne3 wasn't working on my PC and after trying everything I gave up. Two months later I went back and messed with ports, which fixed it.

Thanks for accurate suggestion.