Input Wanted: Finalizing Gaming PC

Hey, All!

First of all, I really appreciate this community as it has already helped me in the past.

After doing about a week or so of research (before which I wouldn't've had the faintest idea of what a GPU was), I have come up with this build as a gaming PC:

Additional Information:

• Planning to purchase the new ROG 1440p 120hz monitor when it is released
  • Hoping to play at high settings on most games
  • I have no experience with OCing but I am interested in it for the increase in performance with regards to gaming
  • My budget was around $1,500 for the machine

Just to help you gain a feel for what I am hoping for from this build—I finished up playing the new Tomb Raider game and loved that experience but hated that I was lagging throughout the majority of the game on medium settings. I am really looking forward to the newer games this year has to offer and I want a PC that can take me through them with a greater performance so I can really enjoy them.

That is my goal with this build more than anything.

I've spent quite a bit of time on this build and really need help finalizing it before I start purchasing the peices. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Are you planning to sli?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It looks good, it will run games at higher settings at that resolution, and going off of your green LEDs I'm assuming you are going with a green/black theme? If thats the case the red/black of the ram might break the theme a bit since you have window, not a big deal really but if your OCD like I am and want everything matching use PCPartPicker and sort for some green ram, otherwise it looks great!

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

it'll ROCk Dude

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |