Looking for Headset with High Quality Microphone

Anthony10
Go to solution Solved by Anthony10,

I've decided on going with the Audio Technica M50x and V-Moda Mic. Thank you all for your help.

I'm not that big of an audio person, so the sound quality of the headphones isn't the biggest concern. The big concern is how high quality the microphone is on the headset.

Here is what I am looking for:

-Preferably wireless

-High quality microphone

-Blue would be nice, but not a must have. As long as they're not as ugly as @Lays ebay advertisement yesterday.

I really don't have much else that I am looking for to be honest... so any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

EDIT: I'll go anywhere from $100-$250, if I think the headset is worth it.

LMFAO xD XD xD XD xD XD xD XD xD XD xD XD 

(I'll edit my post with recommendations in a bit) LOL

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It is recommended to buy headphones and then a discrete microphone.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

Something from Steelseries of Corsair. Maybe the Steelseries Siberia Elite.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

lol I just bought that the other day no joke! Haven't sound tested it yet. I bought that and a Pyle wireless version xD

If you're really dead set on getting a headset the I'd go with like a siberia elite but I'd recommend a blue snowflake for the mic and then any headphones you can afford with good reviews.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

How much are you willing to spend?

If you're really dead set on getting a headset the I'd go with like a siberia elite but I'd recommend a blue snowflake for the mic and then any headphones you can afford with good reviews.

I really want a headset mic, I have an AT2020 and it's a pain to setup everytime I want to use it. The convenience of a headset mic is what I'm looking for.

How much are you willing to spend?

I'll edit it into the post. I would like to stay around $100 but am willing to go upwards of $250 if it's really a good headset.

It is recommended to buy headphones and then a discrete microphone.

Like the ModMic or..?

high quality headset + standalone mic

like a blue yeti or something

will also fit under your $250 budget

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Like the ModMic or..?

Yeah, or maybe a Blue Yeti. There aren't a lot of headsets that have a good microphone. There aren't a lot of headsets that have a good sound quality either.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

high quality headset + standalone mic

like a blue yeti or something

will also fit under your $250 budget

Yeah, or maybe a Blue Yeti. There aren't a lot of headsets that have a good microphone. There aren't a lot of headsets that have a good sound quality either.

I already covered that:

I really want a headset mic, I have an AT2020 and it's a pain to setup everytime I want to use it. The convenience of a headset mic is what I'm looking for.

I will share with you what I'm buying.  You may thank me later.

Philips Fiedlio X1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3QD94O/

V-Moda BoomPro Gaming Mic

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJ17WKK

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I will share with you what I'm buying.  You may thank me later.

Philips Fiedlio X1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3QD94O/

V-Moda BoomPro Gaming Mic

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJ17WKK

Interesting, thanks for showing me that, after listening to a sound quality test it looks pretty high quality, is there any pop filter for that mic? I have braces so s's and t's are a bit distorted in computer mics, pop filters seem to have fixed that though.

well from what i heard the audio technica gaming headsets have very good mics

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Interesting, thanks for showing me that, after listening to a sound quality test it looks pretty high quality, is there any pop filter for that mic? I have braces so s's and t's are a bit distorted in computer mics, pop filters seem to have fixed that though.

Not sure, sorry.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I've decided on going with the Audio Technica M50x and V-Moda Mic. Thank you all for your help.

I actually have the Fidelio X1 and V-Moda Mic configuration. And it is awesome.