Best 750 ti (OC potential)

loler920a

Hey guys I was thinking of upgrading and I made a decision of upgrading the GPU and RAM first.

And I took a big liking too the 750 ti with its low price.

But when I went in the complications came. To make it short 

What is the best brand GPU that has the best overclocking capabilities. (Mind that display ports and size is not an issue)

For any who are curious I want to use this for max out gaming that's over 30 FPS

What you upgrading from? I cannot see sigs on ios.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Well its an ASUS HD Radeon 7770

my OS  is windows 8

and power supply 500w

If it was me i would aim for the r9 270 even if i have to save a bit of dough.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

The Gigabyte 750 Ti Windforce and the EVGA 750 ti FTW edition, can't remember where I saw the benchmarks of the OC capabilities of these two. I prefer EVGA for the warranty and looks.

AFAIK all the 750TI's are voltage locked so you won't be able to overclock too much. As for which brand to buy, it really doesn't matter with the silicone lottery and all. Buy the one based on your preference be it, price, looks, noise etc.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

AFAIK all the 750TI's are voltage locked so you won't be able to overclock too much. As for which brand to buy, it really doesn't matter with the silicone lottery and all. Buy the one based on your preference be it, price, looks, noise etc.

Interesting... most benchmarks/reviewers show impressive OC capabilities of this tiny card...  

Interesting... most benchmarks/reviewers show impressive OC capabilities of this tiny card...  

And from the reviews i have read they all overclock the same so as i said before it does not matter which manufacturer he goes with. 

The Terrible HP

Yeh I'm pretty sure it has alot of OC capabilities too.

And from the reviews i have read they all overclock the same so as i said before it does not matter which manufacturer he goes with. 

But some have 6 pin and some don't

Hopefully a bios tweak will allow higher voltages.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

My point wasn't about brands, as you are are kinda right about that. However not all 750tis have a 6 pin connector for more OC capability.

My point was that line of yours, implying this card won't OC much.

Might sound stupid but since these cards run cool what if I overclocked the FTW edition. You know overclock an overclock

But some have 6 pin and some don't

And for the most part it does not matter. Nvidia set all kinds of restrictions on their cards. Remember those power edition cards that MSI came out with? They where dropped because Nvidia would not offer warranty's on them (Something like that anyways)

The Terrible HP

Might sound stupid but since these cards run cool what if I overclocked the FTW edition. You know overclock an overclock

If you buy the FTW version, you better overclock it! :P

Just less headroom, especially with no voltage control.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

thats odd just watched linus tech tips n they said it had alot of headroom and OC capabilities

yep

If i was you i would just get the cheapest one, they all run cool and quiet because of the low TDP. 

"GPU overclocking works well, but is constrained by NVIDIA's power limiter. Once you exceed a certain clock frequency, the card will drop down to base clock to avoid drawing too much power. While I can certainly accept this behavioral pattern with other GTX 750 Tis since they are limited to the 75 W of a single PCI-Express slot, I find it unacceptable for the ASUS GTX 750 Ti OC because it comes with an additional 6-pin power connector. It seems as though ASUS did not configure their BIOS correctly around utilizing the 6-pin connector, instead hoping people will buy their card because it is capable of drawing more power for a potentially better overclock. "

Quote from a tech power up review. The extra 6 pin does nothing and there is no way any of these GPU's at this price point will be cherry picked.

The Terrible HP

If i was you i would just get the cheapest one, they all run cool and quiet because of the low TDP. 

Quote from a tech power up review. The extra 6 pin does nothing and there is no way any of these GPU's at this price point will be cherry picked.

Very odd

Pretty much why we aren't recommending the Asus one, Asus took a crap on that one... the Windforce and the FTW ones however are another story even with the voltage lock.

Pretty much why we aren't recommending the Asus one, Asus took a crap on that one... the Windforce and the FTW ones however are another story even with the voltage lock.

Sounds like I'll go too Windforce but I'm open to more suggestion and ideas on which 750ti to pick

Sounds like I'll go too Windforce but I'm open to more suggestion and ideas on which 750ti to pick

Sure, just remember the FTW one has a DisplayPort. But it depends if you're actually gonna use it, buy the card you like the most. :) 

Yesterday i helped a friend of mine overclock his Gigabyte 750 Ti. 750 TIs are voltage locked, so all you can do is put the 'power target' slider in MSI After Burner all the way to the right.

It runs 45 °C on load with stock clocks. We were abled to put +250 MHz on the core and + 330 on the VRAM, before it got unstable. Temps were 50 °C, so actually very cool.

The stock BIOS allows TDPs of only 38.5W, which sucks, because the card's specification says 60W.

There is an easy way to extract the card's BIOS, modify it to a higher TDP and flash it back. Read more here: http://cryptomining-blog.com/1014-how-to-increase-the-geforce-gtx-750-ti-power-target-limit/

I haven't done this yet, and that friend of mine doesn't want to do it either because the card can max out everything he wants to play atm.

So a 25% performance increase with the locked voltages overall, but still lots of potential to spare.

who cares...