Cpu bottelneck or somethinge else.

Renman

okay, i posted this to tomshardware they just kept whinig about how 60 fps is enough but that isnt the point of my topic. if my pc is not operating at full capacity i wanna know why so i can fix it.. so here it goes my post. i'l just ctrl+v it here.
so i've got
AMD A10 5800K 4.2Ghz Quad (overclocked @4.6Ghz now)
Sapphire r7 260x 2GB GDDR5 OC @1150mhz (stock)
Asrock FM2A75M-HD+
2x2GB DDR3 1333mhz kingstone
Black Power 600W
Samsung EVO 120GB SSD
Western Digital 500GB slave storage
LG CD/DVD writer.
my fps in cs go is from 85-200 in CSGO matchmaking and 85-120 in deathmatch 20/20.
that is kinda low because i should get at least 200+ everything on low and my res on 1024x768
now someone is gonna say that 80fps is alot, but nah, cs go runs better at higher fps, trust me ive been playing cs from back at '04.
so what do you think the problem is?
its a low end gaming pc, but still should run very well on that game.
can it be that my gpu isnt getting enough power from psu? cause ive read something that cheap psu are not 600w even if it says 600w on the label.
and i've read that 8GB of ram is optimal for my gpu. should i get a new psu or ram first, or is my cpu to low to handle that gpu?
or my rams are too slow clock for that. pls help me i'm desperate jeezz :S
thanks in advanced.
and btw, my opinion is that something is wrong with gpu, because i play COD 1.1 also, it's an oldschool fps game but with my old gpu (GT 630 1GB GDDR5) i had 333 fps on every map and even with 20 players on server, but with my new gpu i cant get more than 170-250. and this new gpu is alot stronger than my old one. so maybe its that. i dont know.
thanks once more.

Cs:go does not like amd cpu's and probably you need more ram.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

so 8 gigs of some ddr3 1600+ mhz should fix my problem?  but what about the situation with the cod 1. i had 333 fps, with my old gpu now i have 170-280fps. does that mean that cpu is bottelnecking me?

I got a couple guesses, ive never played cs go with that hardware or at that res so yeah:

-If you have updated your drivers try rolling back a version or get off beta drivers.

-try prioritizing the exe of cs go (either high or realtime, although not a fan of realtime as i think it halts non on screen processes when you run out of processing power, rather than just having them run after on screen processes are done)

-if you're running amd psuedo Xfire try just using 260x (i have a laptop that loved using one gpu at a time and took big performance hits when i went dual gpu psuedo xfire)

Also faster ram could help if you're using the apu as your primary graphics(but then why would you have a 260x right?), otherwise unless cs go is similar to BF4 which im fairly sure has the only significant gains from faster ram, its not going to help much. check if you're running out of ram too. upgrading to 8GB would be the solution to that if thats the case

PSU could be shot, only way to tell would be to replace it though. Unless someone knows a way to test a psu to see if it runs at rated capacity? I cant see your rig pushing 500w really so i dont think running out of power is the problem

i'm a little noobish so slow down :D 
no i installed everything 2 months ago, tryed all kinds of driver, it was the same, so i reinstalled my OS and got 10% improvment in fps. also i cant keep my cpu overclocked this high with stock cooler anymore because its spring and outside temps are getting higher every day, so i will need to downclock it  to maybe 4.2Ghz. but i'm affraid that that will demize my performance in cs go even more.. i would like to have just stable 128 fps (people say that its the best for csgo). but sometimes i have 300fps on some parts of map than it falls down to 110-130. so annoying. anyhow, when i bought the rig i was conviced by the salesman that its okay, so i listened and bought APU instead of cpu. i should have bought i5 3570k  and some 250$ mobo and Corrsiar rams and Psu. instead i bought this for arround 1600$ or in my country 1000€. i could have been much better off with intel. i will remember that for the next time yeah.

Yeah Intel is usually better when you need it to just work haha Whats your cpu temps when you're playing cs go? if you're going over 90 or even 80 degrees your cpu might be throttling which will definitely diminish performance.

I know people recommend not getting my AMD 8350 cpu above 60 degrees when OC for longevity,but it throttles at 90/100degrees like most others.

You could have driver conflicts if you havent COMPLETELY deleted all the old drivers, resulting in fps loss. Hidden files on windows sucks sooo much. I think amd has a complete driver uninstal tool on their site if you havent used it already.

are you talking celsius? under prime95 100% load, my apu runs @76 degrees celsius. i think that is alot more than allowed, but i'm not sure. how much can my temps go up to?

yeah celcius. 76 is fine especially when using prime95. Since its a new PC id imagine you're using Windows 8? so there shouldnt be a CPU prioritizing issue if thats the case. your best bet would be to see what your GPU and CPU usage are like in game. I find 50% CPU usage to be a definite sign of cpu bottleneck if combined with less than 90% GPU usage. 

I have to say im just about out if ideas.

Things to double check:

-If your drivers are indeed COMPLETELY clean (ive had this problem many times with catalyst on my laptop. The hidden files in windows gets me every time. Plz dont take this for granted),

-Windows is a fresh install (not running 90 processes on boot, i run 60 when i first boot then start hiking to 80 when i start opening programs),

-Check the difference between 260x alone and crossfire 260x and 5800k apu (not sure if your two can do that but just as a double check)

-no overheating problems for both CPU and GPU,

-overclocks fine(rules out power supply problems Unless possibly your psu is overheating which can cause less than required power to be supplied than needed),

-your gpu is running at full usage (100% IN GAME)<- if it is then most likely CS GO doesnt like AMD CPU and thats pretty much game set and match right there,

-and your ram is not fully loaded (3GB out of 4GB on boot is waaaaaay to much. I idle at 3GB of ram in use. with windows, most of my usual programs and a game like BF4 running i can hit 6GB ram usage),

then i guess its not a software problem and replacing parts is the only option.

Just and idea but you could try something like Razer Gamebooster to see if it lightens cpu load as well. 

Open Task Manager and check your cpu usage while playing (And RAM).

Also check your GPU usage with a tool like msi afterburner.

Most of the time this gives you a really good indication of whats going on.

For example if your gpu is at 99% most of the time and your cpu still has a lot of headroom then you know your cpu is fast enough. If your cpu is maxed out most of the time then its bottlenecking your gpu.

If neither of them is near 100% then there is some other limitstion going on...

Hope that helps :)

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

Open Task Manager and check your cpu usage while playing (And RAM).

Also check your GPU usage with a tool like msi afterburner.

Most of the time this gives you a really good indication of whats going on.

For example if your gpu is at 99% most of the time and your cpu still has a lot of headroom then you know your cpu is fast enough. If your cpu is maxed out most of the time then its bottlenecking your gpu.

at his 1024 res you can bet the gpu is in the 50% usage,the cpu is holding it back

Yes.. very likely

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

• 2 weeks later...

thanks dudes :D i also think its the cpu. will try and sell motherboard, cpu and psu  and go intel with some good rams and motherboard and some corsairr psu.. &lesson learned- dont trust a salesman on his word again :)